Gen Con 2018 Coverage

1 hour ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

As far as I know, Kirai is Japanese.

As I understand Mallifaux which we are palying corresponds to Meiji period.
Here is the photo I found in Wikipedia. Labled 
Promulgation of The New Japanese Constitution (1889).jpg
Promulgation of The New Japanese Constitution (1889).jpg

• Like 2

The reason I said kimono for Kirai, is that every piece of fiction I can recall, she's wearing a kimono.  In Wyrd's world, kimonos may be very different from their historical counterparts and that's their choice.  You certainly would get the billowing wind effect that they're going for (and personally I think looks pretty cool) from a historically accurate kimono.

@AndreyF During the Meiji restoration, a lot of Japan embraced everything Western (especially the government & Edo (Tokyo)). What the women are wearing aren't kimono, they're dresses.  Also, as Japan is part of the the Three Kingdoms (with China & Vietnam), the Meiji Retoration never happened.  The have been western influences though, in book four Japan opened up (limited) trading with the West. The Three Kingdoms also seem to be much more resistant though, particularly after the Boxer Rebellion.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ArD said:

There is minion(3) on the cards of ice gamin and moleman. Is it the new limitation(rare)? My 9 void wretches are disappointed.(

It was mentioned earlier in the big thread that there was some new way being put in to stop model spam.  Maybe there's going to be more rare values on models?

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

@AndreyFThe reason I said kimono for Kirai, is that every piece of fiction I can recall, she's wearing a kimono.

So she decided to change her wardrobe when she got back to Earth to another Japanese style dress that's not a Kimono. She and Ikirio also got matching horned masks now, which I don't recall them having before.

It's interesting that Cojo now has a 10 point cost. He was considered too costly at 8 points recently so was dropped to 6 to bring him into the realm of playability (he's pretty good value there). Now he is listed at 10 points for 3rd edition, at least initially. I think that's interesting since the other models we see there seem to be in the same point range they were before and do pretty similar things. Cojo seems to do similar things now too. I wonder what it is about him that has caused his point value to increase by so much in third. I know it puts him out of range for shapeshifting by Myranda, but there must be more there. Perhaps the mutation upgrades are the variable that makes his point value so much different. 

3 hours ago, Trample said:

It's interesting that Cojo now has a 10 point cost. He was considered too costly at 8 points recently so was dropped to 6 to bring him into the realm of playability (he's pretty good value there). Now he is listed at 10 points for 3rd edition, at least initially. I think that's interesting since the other models we see there seem to be in the same point range they were before and do pretty similar things. Cojo seems to do similar things now too. I wonder what it is about him that has caused his point value to increase by so much in third. I know it puts him out of range for shapeshifting by Myranda, but there must be more there. Perhaps the mutation upgrades are the variable that makes his point value so much different. 

As others have said, Cojo got buffs comenurate with the points increase. On top of his healh increase, being able to charge more than per turn, and defense increase, his ability that eats scheme markers now turns them into the focused condition.

Marcus’s ability to put mutation upgrades on a model has a TN that scales with the cost of the target model, making Cojo hard to get those buffs onto.

On 8/4/2018 at 8:34 AM, ArD said:

There is minion(3) on the cards of ice gamin and moleman. Is it the new limitation(rare)? My 9 void wretches are disappointed.(

I looks like maybe everything is Rare 1 by default now. None of the named models have a rare limit mentioned on them.

18 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

As others have said, Cojo got buffs comenurate with the points increase. On top of his healh increase, being able to charge more than per turn, and defense increase, his ability that eats scheme markers now turns them into the focused condition.

Marcus’s ability to put mutation upgrades on a model has a TN that scales with the cost of the target model, making Cojo hard to get those buffs onto.

We'll see if those increases are commensurate with a 67% point increase. He does add +3 wounds and +1 df, but loses hard to kill. Hard to kill is phenomenal. It's not 3 wounds and +1 df phenomenal, but it's a good chunk of the way there. His new attack is really a combination of the two old attacks and he is offensively somewhat better for it I think. You're right that Mark Territory is moderately better getting focused vs. defensive but Rude Sign Language is moderately worse in that it is no longer a free action. 

So, you (and others) are right in that Cojo is better. He doesn't seem like a model that is 67% better to me but rather seems like a model that should be back at his original 8 point cost. Having said that, we have a very limited portfolio of models for comparisons, so I could be dramatically off base. He could very well be worth his full 10 points. 

I would like to know from the people that gone to Gencon and saw the game... Minis keep taking 2 actions and master/leader 3? Only 1 action per activation, or each action can be done only once per activation, but you can do every you have once? 

29 minutes ago, Mortarion said:

Woah... The new cards are huge!

I'm still hoping that they get changed back to normal size during the beta. If they make the art smaller the text can still be almost the same size. And they can can even release the large cards as an optional version if they want to.

I wouldn't count on it. Beta's are for finetuning and adjustments. Elemental concepts are rarely touched and i am pretty sure there already was a lot of design work involved and the pro and cons of a size change were discussed. 

• Agree 1

28 minutes ago, Mortarion said:

Woah... The new cards are huge!

I'm still hoping that they get changed back to normal size during the beta. If they make the art smaller the text can still be almost the same size. And they can can even release the large cards as an optional version if they want to.

They could do that for the front but the back is pretty much all text. My favourite thing about the new cards is that the stats for all the actions are in columns which makes them much quicker to find at a glance.

Think that makes a much bigger difference than the font size as the front of Rasputina's still looks pretty cluttered. 

• Like 1

I saw a thing no one mentioned, so I do...

I noticed that armor no longer states a minimum of 1 damage.

So, or there is a general rule about damage reduction that prevent not going to zero (and it's made to gain some free space on cards), or armor can effectively screen low damage much better...

2 hours ago, Hawkoon said:

Any news on the hiring rules?

Wyrd staff: (answering a question about models from masters faction)
Hiring a model that does not share a keyword with your leader is at +1 Cost.
Cache is no longer a thing; you start with Soulstones equal to the amount you did not spend during hiring.

"random user":
Mason (or someone who was playing demo at GenCon) wrote (on Facebook if I remember correctly), that models with keywords can be hired regardless of faction.

another random user:
"Confirmed (in my conversation with Mason at Gen Con) that Keywords work across faction without penalty or limitations. Beast is not Marcus's Keyword, Chimera is."
Edited by Gesuma
adding info to "Wyrd Staff" (...)
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1