Gen Con 2018 Coverage

1 minute ago, Rwwin said:

Thanks for the pictures.  Would love to see pics of the Wyrdscapes pics if anyone pics any up.

I would love to post the video with all the minis and Wyrdscapes, but it is in closed Facebook group, cant easily copy it here. You may want to apply to the group if you are on the Facebook. https://www.facebook.com/groups/AWYRDPLACE/

The video is here https://www.facebook.com/sean.overtonshadowopal/videos/10156543680978064/?view=permalink&id=868289023368163&_rdr

1 hour ago, AndreyF said:

Jpc55mSOEo4.jpg

I see a lot of interesting things about this - thanks for posting! Not a fan of the change in charge, for starters...the change to disengaging and interacting is interesting, probably needs to be tested. Preventing an engaged model from interacting even if it successfully disengages seems very penalizing, we'll see!

8 minutes ago, edopersichetti said:

I see a lot of interesting things about this - thanks for posting! Not a fan of the change in charge, for starters...the change to disengaging and interacting is interesting, probably needs to be tested. Preventing an engaged model from interacting even if it successfully disengages seems very penalizing, we'll see!

I actually like the change in charge. If you kill your target in one attack you are not wasting an AP. Looks like now you could just attack another target.

25 minutes ago, Stonewall78 said:

I actually like the change in charge. If you kill your target in one attack you are not wasting an AP. Looks like now you could just attack another target.

It also looks like it's a 1 action? So you could move and then Charge, meaning threat ranges can be vastly larger at the expense of 1 attack. That could really change things up quite a bit. 

• Agree 4

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Any new models on display yet? Would love pics of those. Thanks for the pics of the card!

Anyone notice the Jackelope says 'Flip' instead of 'Stat' on it's actions? 

And the Jackalope is an enforcer too! That's interesting. 

His method of staying alive is a bit different too. Very interesting stuff.

1 hour ago, emiba said:

Is it just me or does it look like suits included in the stat and double suit triggers (apart from Rasputina's extra ice pillar trigger) is missing/very rare?

Calling myself out on this. Marcus' Call of the Wild action totally has a :mask in its stat...

40 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Something I noticed, the Ice Gamin specifically state the ice pillar is on a 30mm base, but rasputina’s place pillars action didn’t specify a base size. Overlook, or actual size difference? 

I’m much less excited about 30mm Ice Pillars than I was about 50mm pillars.

It’s also kind of sad that other than Rasputina, it looks like they’ve all lost protection from Horror duels.

• Agree 1

I think I've been able to see most of the cards from the demo except for the front of the December Acolyte, if anyone has that I'd be interested.

One observation is that there is only 0" and 1" melee, looks like melee ranges as a whole are going down.  I do rather hope 0" isn't a hard bases touching, or there wil a lot of "nuh-uh I'm not touching you" pedantic arguments. 

Rasputina does take some hits though.  She can no longer be bailed out by Snowstorm, There is no longer Bite of Winter from the Ice Gamin so her damage output is dropped.  Her AP efficiency has probably taken a hit too, since she is off pillars instead of models now, early on she will be spending ap to drop pillars instead of blasting.  It does seem she has built in escape methods now which is good, though without snow storm she is spending AP to escape over blasting again.  I miss the m2e ice pillar walls already :(

• Agree 1

Anyone able to report any more specifics on keyword hiring?

I assumed the rule would be on the master card, but Marcus doesn’t seem to have it on him. If it’s a global rule that your keyword hiring is what the master has, that would make sense as Rasputina has December and Marcus has Chimera. If it’s a global rule that might mean hiring multiple masters opens their keywords too.

33 minutes ago, MetaphoricDragn said:

One observation is that there is only 0" and 1" melee, looks like melee ranges as a whole are going down.  I do rather hope 0" isn't a hard bases touching, or there wil a lot of "nuh-uh I'm not touching you" pedantic arguments. 

I didn't notice that. You're right - Snowstorm, Cujo, Marcus, and the Ice Golem all have 1" melee. Those are a decent enough range of models that you could probably say that 1" melee is as good as it gets. I'm not sure I like that at first glance. It would (probably) tip the balance more toward ranged crews perhaps more than it should. I would like to see ranged combat be a bit more of a thing, but maybe not that much more of a thing. There would also be a fairly considerable change to movement and interacting. I guess it's one of those things you would have a spend a bit of time testing to see though. 

5 minutes ago, Fetid Strumpet said:

Anyone able to report any more specifics on keyword hiring?

I assumed the rule would be on the master card, but Marcus doesn’t seem to have it on him. If it’s a global rule that your keyword hiring is what the master has, that would make sense as Rasputina has December and Marcus has Chimera. If it’s a global rule that might mean hiring multiple masters opens their keywords too.

I asked about the multiple masters thing, and you don’t get to do “This is Marcus’s crew, and this is Rasputina’s crew” if you hire both masters.  It’s just “This is Marcus’s crew and Rasputina showed up.”  If Rasputina has friends, it’s just the friends Marcus would normally have access to.  Not unlocking more stuff due to Rasputina being in the crew.

The reason was something-something-scared alpha testers.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4