Transporting thralls (McCabe)

gertermit

Ladies & Gentlemen!

I really want to try McCabe for Guild (before its too late). I have smth in my mind, but I don't know how good is it. Never played for guild before. So I want to ask your advices about my ideas.

Here's the crew:

McCabe

- badge of speed

- promises

- cloac of invisibility

Master Queeg

Witchling Thrall

Witchling Thrall

Guild Hounds (+Iggy Pup), Wastrels, anyone else for schemerunning

The idea is to place Thralls somewhere in the center (or whatever you need) for angry attacking, while hounds will make schemes. 

How it works:

1. First of all, you activate your dogs or other minions and go whatever you want to make schemes. You have four or five or maybe six activations to see what your opponent wants to do.

2. Then you activate McCabe, giving one Thrall reactivating, then giving badge of speed to Master Queeg and other upgrades to Thralls (and push then on 4''). After that McCabe can do whatever he wants.

3. Master Queer makes two walks forward towards the enemy, Thrall [the first one] charges him for his (0) after every walk. Third walk Master Queeg makes back, where another Thrall [the second one] charges him.

4. Now you activate second Thrall, charge the first one. Thralls moved ~14'' from where they were deployed and ready for 6 attacks (one of them has reactivation).

After the first turn Master Queer may move Thralls somewhere else, or make them attack three times (he still has nimble), or do anything else.

Is it forth trying or is it a bad idea? Thanks for your comments!

PS. sorry for my bad english 😞

Just now, gertermit said:

I think it's only about terrifying. Manipulative, for example, makes you have wp duel for every action afaik

page 55 of the small book: "A model that passes a Horror Duel [...] is considered immune to Horror Duels from the model that generated the Horror Duel until the End Phase of the Turn"

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, gertermit said:

Yeah, my bad, there is no Horror Duel in Manipulative.

Nethertheless, I think if your are immune to Horror Duel, you automatically pass it. If it isn't so, a model can't target models with terrifying more than once per turn.

No,  immune to a duel means you don't take it. Not taking it means you can't pass it, so you don't get to take multiple actions from queeg. That's why thralls aren't immune to them, but instead automatically pass. 

• Like 3
  • Agree 2

1 hour ago, Adran said:

Not taking it means you can't pass it,

I don't get it. If you attacked Seamus, 4 example, once and passed a Horror Duel, you can't attack him once more? Cause you can't pass a Horror Duel, being immune to it?

And how exactly it works with Thralls and Master Queeg?

6 minutes ago, gertermit said:

I don't get it. If you attacked Seamus, 4 example, once and passed a Horror Duel, you can't attack him once more? Cause you can't pass a Horror Duel, being immune to it?

You can attack him after that without taking the duek because you are immune but you don't actually pass any more duels, you don't take them in the firt place. This is also why Lucius can onl make a model take a horror for an extra action once per turn and the guardian cannot be made to do anything with either Lucius or Queegs horror abilities.

Immune means never taking the duel, it is not the same as auto passing.read the general section on horror duels again if you don't get what we are talking about.

• Like 1

Queeg could sill make them push once each. I would put reactivate and the badge of speed on the same thrall for great threat but McCabe wants to give them the upgrades after they pushed from Queeg. Hounds could pretty easily move to be in a good spot for the thralls second push if you plan a little ahead.

Not sure if there is any way at all to get an incorporeal model into guild but having the thrall push towards one will give you very good threat range since you can charge through them. I know Sonnia's totem is incorp but is obviously not going to hang withMcCabe.

Yeah, got it. You don't need to pass HD to target model with terrifying, it just happens, when you target them, right?

And to perform an action from master queeg, you must pass it before. OK, now it's clear, thank you all!

So, we can't move them so far. Is it worth to move them at ~9'' by this combination? Or it's just a waste of resources?  

• Like 2

As long as you have aomething to cheat so you don't kill whatever you are pushing towards I think it's a good use of McCabe's abilities. Thralls don't need to go charge crazy either, a nimble reactivating thrall that shoots a focused shot and moves around some enemy models to where they can't move forward properly and is diaguised so no on can charge it can really mess with a melee centric crew. Queeg carrying promises is pretty great in any list with upgrades and ml actions and makes sure ou have plenty of models that cam countercharge if you dominate the ranged game and make them come to you.

• Thanks 1

On your set up you could give a thrall nimble with bag of speed, and you end up with roughly the same threat. If you have no advantages to bulk buying I would look at thralls with McCabe, but wouldn't rush to buy Queeg until you know if you often want that extra threat range. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, gertermit said:

The main question, as I see, is what should master queeg do after this. How can he support the crew on the next turns?

He shoots allright for his cost and he carries promises so just having him wothin 6" of your ml attacks is pretty good. The whip can also be used to tie things up and bail you out of unfavourable engagements. You can whip both friendly and enemy models to really mix up who is engaging who. Maybe the thralls want to charge ahead but are tied up by a bad target: charge Queeg in and push the enemy or do damage to move so you can bop your own thralls for a single point of damage and push them out. He also helps McCabe since that is usually the only model you can't push away from bad places.

6 hours ago, Ludvig said:

As long as you have aomething to cheat so you don't kill whatever you are pushing towards I think it's a good use of McCabe's abilities. Thralls don't need to go charge crazy either, a nimble reactivating thrall that shoots a focused shot and moves around some enemy models to where they can't move forward properly and is diaguised so no on can charge it can really mess with a melee centric crew. Queeg carrying promises is pretty great in any list with upgrades and ml actions and makes sure ou have plenty of models that cam countercharge if you dominate the ranged game and make them come to you.

I've never really thought about that, but you are right, a focused (or papa locoed) thrall could be as frustrating as Lust if your opponents bunch up more than they should.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, gertermit said:

The main question, as I see, is what should master queeg do after this. How can he support the crew on the next turns?

Queeg doesn't make a horrible scheme runner either, with his push and all.  Dropping scheme markers to make the Thralls attack, or whipping them to move them around isn't a bad use either, assuming you are keeping them healed up.  

• Like 2