Zipp with Cooper!?!.......nope

lame0

Been a while since I’ve posted here but I was wondering what people thought of a core of:

Declared Faction: Gremlins 
Crew Name: Gremlins # 10 50ss 
Leader: Zipp - Cache:(4)
   Rambling Diatribe 1ss 
Malifaux Child 2 ss
Trixiebelle 8ss 
   Do Over 1ss 
Cooper Jones 8ss 

Total 21ss

I think it’s kind of interesting and probably the only set up I might consider running cooper jones. 

Basically it fits in because on T1 Zipp and the malifaux child can target a low wp friendly model with Rambling diatribe and can make two scrap. (Zipp can still do w.e he wants with his ap). Not only does this make the two scrap markers you need but it also lets you filter your hand quite well. Trixie gives cooper a ton of poison (should be easy enough to get 4+). Then cooper should be able to summon two gamin without issue. Which leaves you with 2 extra models by using a bunch of (0) actions 1 ap from the malifaux child and coopers activation.

I like the the malifaux child since after turn one it can always choose to filter cards + make scrap to make a replacement gamin or use grab a rope to move the rest of the crew around. 

Overal I like the core since really it doesn’t require me to take subpar models while giving zipp access to summoning which was usually something he couldn’t pull off. Even cooper shines once you have two extra minions and is a solid resilient model (usually armor 2) with ok damage.

A full list I was thinking about was:

The Gift Of Gab 1ss 
   Stilts 1ss 
   Rambling Diatribe 1ss 
Malifaux Child 2ss 
Trixiebelle 8ss 
   Dirty Cheater 1ss 
   Do Over 1ss 
Burt Jebsen 8ss 
   Dirty Cheater 1ss 
Pere Ravage 6ss 
Cooper Jones 8ss 
Iron Skeeter 6ss 
   Hovering Airship 0ss 
Slop Hauler 5ss 

or a dread pirate zipp list of:

The Gift Of Gab 1ss (maybe swap for dirty cheater)
   Rambling Diatribe 1ss 
   The Dread Pirate Zipp 1ss 
Malifaux Child 2ss 
Trixiebelle 8ss 
   Dirty Cheater 1ss 
   Do Over 1ss 
Pere Ravage 6ss 
Cooper Jones 8ss 
Iron Skeeter 6ss 
   Hovering Airship 1ss 
Slop Hauler 5ss 
Bayou Gremlin 3ss 
Bayou Gremlin 3ss 
Bayou Gremlin 3ss 

With dread pirate depending on the board state of t1 you can diatribe or turn zipp into a bayou so it’s flexible and you can always make the second gamin turn two since your poison will carry over anyway. 

I do find it funny that brewmaster seems to be pretty bad for cooper since the only real way of making scrap markers consistently is with pork chop and that’s not exactly what he wants in his crew.....woe is brewy.

Thats a shame. I was wondering why i didn't ever use the malifaux child with zipp.....

No I dont see any master who can use any of the new models -_-......Sad Panda

While I always support stompybots, buffing cheap stompybots with anything but more speed seems a bit of a waste, and whiskey gamins are cheap.

A skeeter could help ferry around the new gremmies where their auras are most needed at the moment, which could throw a wrench into the opposing plan to just not activate models near the party until he must.