Let’s start misinterpreting things

GrumpyGrandpa

Hey all

Have you guys spend some time trying to figure out the new overall “theme” of The Bayou masters?

I recently got into Som’er, and so I immediately focused on his flavor-text.

My personal interpretation is that:

• He keeps Survival of the fittest (they mention it themselves)
  • He keeps the Swarm-summoner theme (they mention it themselves)
  • He loses his Aura (They don’t mention it)

It also seems like they are giving him a new mechanic – “Forcing smaller Gremlins into one or more specialized roles” and applying the Town Crier-gimmick with leaving a Bayou Gremlin when they die.

I hope that this translate into a mechanic similar to Wong’s Glowy, where you designate multiple models (they mention phrase it as “Gremlins” – Not “Gremlin”) and give them a buff. Since this is applied to multiple models, I hope it is several different buffs that each help with a certain situation. This could take form in an upgrade, though they don’t mention upgrades in their description.

Examples:

• Assistant Deputy: This model gains +1 armor
  • Sergeant: This model does +1 damage
  • Scout: This model gains +1 walk and +2 charge

I personally hope they don’t make it related to the new Tokens they seem to integrate into the game. I’d hate to see it turn into a generalized stat increase. It might also just mean that any other Gremlin will turn into Bayou Gremlins when they die.

What do you guys think the text means, and what about the other masters?

I love the idea for Som'er. Would just turn his play style a bit. Damage on Turn 1 and 2 and summoning from turn 4 on when elite models have turned into bayous.

I also love the idea for Ulix. He might be the Lilith for pigs. This might also mean that there long wished for pig between piglet and War Pig will be released :D

I am very curious on what we will get.

I also love the idea of turning outcast again like in the good old days. Since I will have my Gremlin option there.