Some Thoughts On ME3

New Master I'm Most Excited For (Including New Dual Factions): Dashel. I like the idea of a thug rising through the ranks to become the leader of the Guild Guard. I'm really interested in seeing how his relationship with Lucius and the other Masters is like. And his summoning ability sounds like a lot fun. I like how summoning can represent anything from raising the dead to summoning demons from another dimension to calling reinforcements. Cornelius is a close second with his frontier justice theme. Though I'm not as enthused about the Home on the Range ability which gives Dashel the edge.

Lost Master I'm Most Disappointed In (Including Masters Who Lost Dual Faction): Lilith. I remember buying her because she was the newest plastic out and I had just been paid back some money I had I loaned. I didn't even want her. I just wanted to get the plastics for my factions. Oh. How lucky I was. She is still probably my favorite Master. And while I'll start playing with my new goodies, it always feels good to go back to her. Even when I lose, I have fun. I'll probably play Nekima and might even enjoy her. But I don't see her replacing Lilith. Of course, 5+ years from now when it comes time for 4E, I'll be waiting to see my true love once again.

Master That Should Have Been: Lenny should have replace Zoriada. That was everything the Gremlin story in Broken Promises suggested was going to happen. But I'm mollified by the fact the Gremlin Faction was changed to the Bayou Faction (I'm hoping for a Gator Master in the future). A close second was Ironsides joining the Guild which the Broken Promises story suggested was very possible. I believe if Lady Justice had lost, Ironsides would be the Dual Faction with Guild instead of Hoffman joining the Arcanists.

Existing Master Change I'm Most Excited In: Marcus's Mutation Ability looks like a lot of fun. I just wonder if he'll no longer to bring any Beast like he used to (though non-Arcanist/Neverborn probably won't be able to mutate which seems a fair trade off for versatility).

I'm interested in what other people are thinking.

New Master I'm Most Excited For (Including New Dual Factions): Part of me says Von Schtook, but at the same time, I dislike him becoming a model. It ruins the mystery. But he does look like a nice replacement. 

Lost Master I'm Most Disappointed In (Including Masters Who Lost Dual Faction): Brewmaster in the thunders. I just got him and was getting him ready. At least I now have a another Bayou master. 

Master That Should Have Been: None that I can think of. I like seeing something totally new.

Existing Master Change I'm Most Excited In: Kirai. She was the master that got me into Malifaux, but I have never played here in 1.5 or all of m2e because the distaste she bring to my community. I hope and pray she will finally be balanced and a friendly play experience. 

• Like 1

New Master I'm Most Excited For (Including New Dual Factions): Mildly interested in Hoffman I guess, they'd have to make a new set for him though, there is now way I'll spend money on the insult that is the lopsided Watcher...

Lost Master I'm Most Disappointed In (Including Masters Who Lost Dual Faction): Ramos, I like the thought of spider hordes even though I didn't play them very often. I own Nico as well but hadn't gotten around to painting him, and now I'm feeling less motivated than ever so maybe I'm more disappointed about that?

Master That Should Have Been: Mouse as a Guild master (instead of Dashell) so Ironsides could have gotten a proper totem...

Existing Master Change I'm Most Excited In: I live in hope for Kaeris and the new burning mechanic.

New Master I'm Most Excited For (Including New Dual Factions): Definitely Von Schtook. I've been wanting him to be a master since I first heard of him I'm really excited to see how his mechanics work in game.

Lost Master I'm Most Disappointed In (Including Masters Who Lost Dual Faction): None actually, I'm happy they're opening up some design space for new masters and playstyles.

Master That Should Have Been: I think some kind of Guild master focusing on the soulstone trade would be really cool. Some kind of merchant. It's the main function of the Guild but we don't really see anything in game about it.

Existing Master Change I'm Most Excited In: Zipp becoming an outcast is pretty exciting to me. He's the only Bayou master I had any interest in so I may actually get him now.

New Master I'm Most Excited For (Including New Dual Factions): Von Schtook - I'm really curious how his summoning mechanic would work (maybe like now Outcasts summon things - by killing enemies?). New Jack Daw and Zipp also seems like fun guys to play with.

Lost Master I'm Most Disappointed In (Including Masters Who Lost Dual Faction): McCabe. I really like McCabe horse list (With Lone Marshall, Mounted Guards and Pale Rider) and I feel bad ir wouldn't be an option anymore.

Master That Should Have Been: I was hoping for any Outcasts mercenary to receive master status - mostly Hans (who wouldn't like master-sniper?) or Sue (because he is coolest Outcasts model). Also, I wanted to Benny to became a master instead of Hamelin - lets face it, Plague has no impact on the story in last 3 books (except brief mention that Piper's Plague returned to the city) and Benny offers new possibilities. It also would be cool if Levi would be replaced with either Marlene or Alyce.

Existing Master Change I'm Most Excited In: First one is Marcus - I have high expectations for his mutations mechanic. Similarly - I want to see new refocused Zoraida and Hamelin - first seems like super control master and second - like ultimate snowball master.

13 hours ago, Cedar said:

Lost Master I'm Most Disappointed In (Including Masters Who Lost Dual Faction): McCabe. I really like McCabe horse list (With Lone Marshall, Mounted Guards and Pale Rider) and I feel bad ir wouldn't be an option anymore.

Well, I suspect that Cornelius will take that roll. His fluff has being a rural marshal. It makes sense if he becomes the Guild's horse Master (and explain why McCabe was made Guild only). Maybe he'll have a similar dismount mechanic so McCabe's Nightmare Box will be transferred to him.

• Like 1