Did any of you buy up beasts and academics to run with mcm?

4thstringer

One of the only things that bothered me about third edition is the way mcm has left.  Not that he left, it fits both the storyline and he never felt right in guild.  But that he released an upgrade that encouraged a lot of out of faction purchases that will be useless to your average guild player.  I managed to side it, but if that was you, I'm sorry for you.

I dunno...since last year and Broken Promises* I figured my time left to play him was limited (Ressers just don’t grab me—not enough stompybots) so I knew I wasn’t following him and didn’t get anything more. Maybe if I had kept his canine remains moldering in my minis box all this time I would have leaned into it more, and bought him reinforcements.

*I feel a little more for Collodi players and for players who don’t loudly protest they don’t follow the lore. Lilith and Ramos and Nicodem players had the kinds of warning that McMourning players had.

10 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

One of the only things that bothered me about third edition is the way mcm has left.  Not that he left, it fits both the storyline and he never felt right in guild.  But that he released an upgrade that encouraged a lot of out of faction purchases that will be useless to your average guild player.  I managed to side it, but if that was you, I'm sorry for you.

I thought Yea McMorning would be cool as it gave Guild for me and Resser for the wife, as it turns out I think I got to use McMorning about twice as my dear wife hogs most of the models out of that box 😭 

But I tend to get things on the rule of cool so if it is an out of faction model I probably purchased it more to build and paint than play in the first place.

• Like 1

Until we know more, we don't know if McMourning can hire beasts and academics as a resser. If he can, the models you invested are not lost. You only run them with resser McMourning. 

It will be interesting to see how  usable McMourning and McCabe with a guild based collection of models. 

As I don't have not bought beasts for McMourning my biggest fear is that my outcast and bayou mercenaries bought for Nellie will be unusable as I have no outcast or bayou master.

1 hour ago, Dirach said:

Until we know more, we don't know if McMourning can hire beasts and academics as a resser. If he can, the models you invested are not lost. You only run them with resser McMourning. 

It will be interesting to see how  usable McMourning and McCabe with a guild based collection of models. 

As I don't have not bought beasts for McMourning my biggest fear is that my outcast and bayou mercenaries bought for Nellie will be unusable as I have no outcast or bayou master.

I was noticing all the mercs in my bag that aren't going to be usable.   

I already owned a bunch of the stuff having some Arcanist stuff, but ultimately I didn't find anything he could now take made him all that much more exciting to play so I didn't go too crazy.  In truth, if you fell into the McM beast hype, the first thing you probably bought was Myranda's box set, so you've got an outlet for all those beasts anyway.

35 minutes ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Well then you've gotta ask yourself, will I branch out into outcasts... Or use these models to make a sweet diorama? 😀

I want a Parker crew, maybe it is the time to get one? I can use my outcast stuff, and if he gets very good in the new edition, I can say "I played him since 2nd edition" :)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

I was noticing all the mercs in my bag that aren't going to be usable.   

Outcasts are almost certainly going to be one of my focus factions for 3rd edition, but generally speaking M2E made my bag such a hodgepodge mess I'm going to quite enjoy some purging of unusable stuff.

• Like 1