Denial Catapult? Anyone tired this does this work?

CustardBomb

So I was playing a game yesterday (Gremlins Sommer Vs Archanists Kaeris) and my opponent had picked entourage as one of their schemes. They had flown Kaeris into the very corner of my deployment zone and then placed two pyre markers so that I couldn't get to her. 

Now being a long time fan of the pigapult I had also taken entourage with the intention of out activating my enemy and then catapulting Sami Lacroix into the deployment zone on turn 5. 

What I realized though is I could also deny my opponent all of there entourage points! By activating my gremlin crier I could use 'Gremlin Bureaucracy is the Worst Bureaucracy' cheating the 10 from my hand. This gives the 'This Makes no Sense' condition causing enemy models within 3' to not be counted for Schemes and Stratagy purposes. 

After which i activated the Pigapult. Sent Sami Deep into the enemy field and then catapulted the crier next to Kaeris preventing her from scoring! This turned what was a close game into a much larger VP gap!! 

Once I realized this potential combo I was keen to look into other potential applications of this pinpoint anti VP delivery system!! 

A few that come to mind are: 
The ability to suddenly change Reconoiter counts in any square of the board. (As the Gremlin Crier is unaffected by this makes no sense. So you can use it to deny a 3' bubble of enemy units while adding 1 of your own when determining table quarter) 
Denying Turf war points suddenly from the back field. 

Turning a Sceme Markers babysitter into a non scoring model deep in the enemy table half on the last turn (Protect Territory) 
Counteracting Breakthrough (As above) 

I would love to hear any other uses or story's of this strategy that people have come up with! Also I am curious how 'This makes no sense' interacts with Bodyguard as a sceme. Does the opponent fail bodyguard if the body guarded enemy is affected by 'This makes no sense'

• Like 2

5 hours ago, aquenaton said:

Not if your paralized guy is on the other side of the table :Dream:

You can try to give the model reactivate, then throw it and after that activate it, as the reactivate and paralyze cancel each other. Also, there is the option of delaying the activation of the thrown model (maybe a just summoned bayou gremlin) so you only paralyze the "slow" activation and, at the start of the next turn, you have your model ready to work.

Thanks a lot! I hadn't considered reactivate as a way around that. Will need to look into some methods of getting it onto a Crier. 

Though I suppose using Zip or a Iron Skeeter to ferry them across the board is probably a more consistent bet. 

On 7/26/2018 at 12:59 PM, aquenaton said:

Not if your paralized guy is on the other side of the table :Dream:

You can try to give the model reactivate, then throw it and after that activate it, as the reactivate and paralyze cancel each other. Also, there is the option of delaying the activation of the thrown model (maybe a just summoned bayou gremlin) so you only paralyze the "slow" activation and, at the start of the next turn, you have your model ready to work.

Have been looking into it and I'm considering using Mctavish with mud fling? With a 5 inch walk and 8 inch range on mud fling (And a potential extra 7 inchs from gator snack) Mctavish could clear the paralyzed from the Gremlin crier as far as 20 inchs away in an ideas situation. Which then leaves the crier free to walk 5 inchs and set up the sceme denial! 

Bit more complicated to pull off but i recon theirs some solid application for it. 

• Like 1