Help wanted...

Teluriel12

On 7/26/2018 at 3:57 PM, Teluriel12 said:

Look, I understand that there is a lot of uncertainty and people try to keep telling me everything will be fine and maybe it will...but the frustration of my purchase a week ago wont go away. Simply by the fact that its  not a given that , after a certain period of time, the use of these masters is a certainty.  People are also guessing about when the new release will be so the full year might even turn out to be six months.

I feel that  collodi had a very distinctive feel with the puppet theme, which I dont immediatly see replaced or supported anymore in the future.

Ive tried several times now with Wyrd to come to some sort of resolution about my potential edge case...but they refuse to even reply.

let me put it another way:

would you, knowing what you know now ever advise a new player, like myself, to start the hobby by buying one of the dead mens hand masters?

I appreciate the effort of you guys to at least try to make me feel better and help me out...but the fact is that I feel gutted about the situation which is not further helped along with how Wyrd is imo stepping around any questions and concerns people like myself have.  Might be that they are not allowed to...but at this point that really doesnt matter to me.

again...thanks for the help!

I was feeling these frustrations myself.. After years of my friends trying to convenience me to play I picked up the rulebook and some models only to find out that 3rd edition was right around the corner. I just finally decided to enjoy what I had while I had it and it was valid and just hoped for changes that could work for me. Since I just accepted that change is coming and my timing was poor it has been much better and I have been enjoying the Malifaux universe more. 

Also as was already touched on he is not completely unplayable in 3E. The masters that are no longer supported in the fluff will still be supported / playable in the game. 

I hope you can start to feel a little better about your purchase took me a solid 2 weeks to not have that gut churning irritated vibe every time I thought about Malifaux lol.. Good luck man!