Undying 10T models.

WWHSD

I've just realized the wyrd trigger for a new edition... Release a story encounter box that's not in a book. It happened with first ed with the university of transmortis announced, and then they announced 2 nd ed before it was released, and now with backdraft and the undying it's happening again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Adran said:

I've just realized the wyrd trigger for a new edition... Release a story encounter box that's not in a book. It happened with first ed with the university of transmortis announced, and then they announced 2 nd ed before it was released, and now with backdraft and the undying it's happening again. 

lol, what a funny coincidence.

Anyone tried Minako already? I really tried to use her in a crew, but Toshiro is just so much better than her in a Mei Feng crew. I just can't justify bringing her in any crew, but I actually want to find a justification -.-

And yes, I know she costs less stones. The difference in stones just doesn't weigh up to everything Toshiro brings imo.

On the Katashiro as summons: I can see a definite use for them, or at least a legitimate choice. Yokai are pretty sub-par if they can't charge, so in turns 2/3 when things are getting tight, I have often summoned a Yokai with Asami only to have my opponents next activation be to walk up and engage the Yokai with any spare model.

In those situations, I could instead summon a Katashiro. It attacks straight away, and then Asami can go do other things because it doesn't need her around to function on that first turn. Opponent can't neuter the model with a walk action either...

Minako is interesting... not really sure when I'd take her but I will find a way. Like the idea of her as a tarpit -  maybe give her broken promises and use charm wardens charm of vanishing for one turn of "you ain't doing nothing".

On 8/18/2018 at 12:05 PM, I'm a Teapot! said:

katashiro mccabe?

i mean he has tons of small pushes and reactivating could bring some awesome mobility and punch.

Shenlong/Sensei Yu could yield similar results as well.  I imagine McCabe would probably be better, but if we're talking optimized strategy, are people honestly considering using "Black Flash" on a Katashiro instead of another minion?  Might not be the best choice, but it's a choice still I suppose.