Guild has the best growth opportunities

wizuriel

So with the announcement of 3rd edition I noticed everyone's favourite named Guardsman has been promoted to a master. 

I remember when Dashel was a lowly (totem) drill sergeant, He distinguished himself on the field of battle and earned himself a name / Henchman status and finally has risen up to join those he used to work under as their equal.

So props to Dashel who proves that even lowly redshirts can make it to the big leagues. 

• Like 7

Seems he will become the main summoner in our faction. His summon list, if we put the current summon rules on him, will be like that

7: Guard/Hound

9: Rifleman

10: Austringer/Investigator/Pathfinder

11:Mounted Guard

Looks like a solid list for scheming, but lack of front-liner/beater. Hope that Mounted Guard may have some change during the beta to make they from support role to middle-range beater.

• Like 2

I’m excited, for a small master pool mine is getting rather shaken up...

but c’mon, a non-zero chance to field Zipp and Marlena? I’m lost. ❤️ My meta will probably chase me back to Guild, and I’ll go ‘cause stompybots still stomp, but tiny teddy sky pirates...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

but c’mon, a non-zero chance to field Zipp and Marlena? I’m lost. ❤️ My meta will probably chase me back to Guild, and I’ll go ‘cause stompybots still stomp, but tiny teddy sky pirates...

Sounds like it will be worth it! Hoffman should be getting options to hire his old guild constructs since he has always had cross hiring.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Dashel is the most boring possible option for a new master.  There I've said it. 

Completely the opposite for me, I always thought he would be better off leading a crew than playing second fiddle to the other masters.

But not to worry I bet we have plenty of other Guild stuff you will like.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

15 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Dashel is the most boring possible option for a new master.  There I've said it. 

We haven'thad a spam summoner before so ai think he'll be interesting. I imagine him as the new Nico but summoning anything with the guard characteristic instead of undead.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Rufess said:

Seems he will become the main summoner in our faction. His summon list, if we put the current summon rules on him, will be like that

7: Guard/Hound

9: Rifleman

10: Austringer/Investigator/Pathfinder

11:Mounted Guard

Looks like a solid list for scheming, but lack of front-liner/beater. Hope that Mounted Guard may have some change during the beta to make they from support role to middle-range beater.

You forgot wardens, but this was still a great idea of a list.

6 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

It's more the man than the mechanics that I have an issue with. 😁

Having said that a guard commander who makes tonnes of random bobbies appear around the place is a pretty fun concept. Think having seen him progress through one boring incarnation after another has coloured my first impression somewhat.

I actually think Dashel is pretty fun after getting Arrest Him! so I've got some hope for him as a master.

I just hope no one summons like Nico/Ramos - i.e. in the back with no interaction with the other crew. Summoning off of something like scheme markers within 8" of an enemy model could be fun.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2018 at 2:58 PM, Gnomezilla said:

Losing Misaki is basically the one thing keeping Outcasts from becoming the perfect faction.

54 minutes ago, Parker Barrows said:

Been rereading some fiction. In Broken Promises, Dashel was on trial taking the fall for Lucius's misdeeds. He appears next in Nemesis 2, where he has been promoted to Colonel. I think we really need a Dashel story in between these two events.

I did a bad job of reading fiction after book 4.  This has my interest.

45 minutes ago, 4thstringer said:

I did a bad job of reading fiction after book 4.  This has my interest.

It's a few throw away lines between Hoffman and Perdita before the more awkward part of their conversation began.

EDIT: Before I forget, I think Dashel will lose Mounted Guards, and Cornelius will pick them up.

10 minutes ago, Parker Barrows said:

It's a few throw away lines between Hoffman and Perdita before the more awkward part of their conversation began.

EDIT: Before I forget, I think Dashel will lose Mounted Guards, and Cornelius will pick them up.

Let’s be fair: every conversation in that entire story was awkward. You’re going to have to be more specific. :P 

I can’t even work out how the models will be split between Lucius and Dashel, let alone should any be split off and given to Basse.