Backdraft Gremlin Boys

Mr Janje

Most of the models can apply burning and poison, and are better at applying burning to models with poison. Popcurn Turner can summon whiskey gamin off scrap, using the poison on herself as the number of wounds it gets to keep. I think Whiskey Gamin have a self push or movement boost based on how much poison they have? Don't remember. Cooper Jones can prevent friendly models taking poison damage (its a choice so you can still that's the stuff) and has Alcohol Poisoning from the new brewie upgrade. Thats all that i can remember.

Popcorn also has a 0 action poison Expunge, although it maxes out at 5, can discard scheme markers to heal 2, as well as poisoned models get negative flip to attack and damage him.  I think he's the perfect carrier of Drinking "Problem" and for the price will be more useful than Fingers.

Cooper Jones I find no use for other than summoning, so for that same price of 8 stones I don't see her being fielded.

Proxy played with popcorn and Cooper yesterday in a brewer list against kaeris with the arcanist side of the box (symbols and we both took search and undercover entourage).  Popcorn was pretty fun at denying points in search the ruins.  Cooper didn't do much (no scrap to summon off of), tho her armor +2 did slow down a couple hits against her. 

They would of been more vicious if I wasn't playing against the fire golem who could just take / eat all the burning, but I wanted to see how both sides of the box interacted.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

They are primarily designed to work with "The Brewmaster", a gremlin dedicated to the ancient secret arts of drinking moonshine. Whilst they could have some use with other masters, that is the main one.

Piglets work with many masters, but Ulix and Som'er Teeth Jones have "direct" support for them.

On 8/26/2018 at 2:57 AM, Faitfull said:

So, basicly he should get the brew master or not get them at all? 

Personally, I subscribe to the 'use the models you think look coolest' theory, even if it means you won't have the most efficient crew.

Rule of cool, if you will! You'll be spending more time with those models than anyone else, after all.

That said, the Closing Time crew also happen to be my favourite basic box set thematically, so that's an easy choice for me :D