Nef

Third Edition is Coming!!

I’ve been off the forum for quite a while, as I haven’t been playing malifaux for about the past year. When I heard about this new edition a few days ago, I’m cautiously optimistic that this new edition will bring me back to the game. I have much invested in time and dollars with models, so I would love to get excited about it again. The core mechanics of malifaux is great, but the game just got to the point where it was so complex, it made it frustrating and a miserable experience for the average player, not to mention a beginner wanting to get in on it. The last set of schemes and strategies are a perfect example. I counted no less than 10 different conditions and requirements on one scheme to make you eligible to score it. Even after reading it multiple times, I still missed some things. It makes for a confusing and complex game setting and not an enjoyable and relaxing experience that a game should be. I realize that these current strats and schemes are the product of multiple “fixes” over time to stop cheesy and over the top combos that had an unfair advantage. So I feel a new edition is needed. I really hope this new edition will simplify the game and make it harder for the “experts” to exploit certain combos and loopholes, and allow the average player to relax and have fun with the game.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2018 at 1:25 PM, Hot4Perdita said:

really hope this new edition will simplify the game and make it harder for the “experts” to exploit certain combos and loopholes, and allow the average player to relax and have fun with the game.

All of my schemes fit on a single two-page spread, so I think they're definitely a few steps in the right direction in terms of less "legalese" getting between players and the game.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1