Third Edition is Coming!!

Nef

I feel that all the gone Masters are listed that way only for "official" events. Quite sure all of them will officially return in some future, but by now those models are not gonna be allowed in all of these "campaigns" wyrd likes to launch. Maybe some world event to decide wich master returns, or how Malifaux evolves before they return... 

But think about this, do you really think that wyrd is gonna shoot in its foot by eradicating so popular masters? They will sure be back. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

Masters are not models like any others. They're personalities, something players are - strange as it sounds - emotionally attached to. I don't mind changes if they are motivated by game's inner dynamics and balance issues (removal of a Master that can summon any undead minion is a correct move from that perspective). But a game should not be driven by it's story, never. Especially if the story is expressed in a form of badly written novelettes.

I think understand that sentiment a bit better. I feel a certain amount of nostalgia for the days of 1st ed when the quality of writing was such that the game felt like it had a strong narrative while still maintaining a fairly continuous status quo. Also don't really appreciate the value of relegating interesting, storied characters to second string to bump up the likes of Captain "No-one has ever cared about me in the history of the game" Dashel. 

But in terms of gameplay the idea that models should remain playable forever is basically nonsense. Things have limited shelf-lives, there isn't a single object you own that is guaranteed to be of use to you forever, that's the nature of life, not just wargames. Wyrd are going out of their way to cater to people who want to bring their old masters across, but I'd say there'll probably be more players who pick up new masters because they don't like how the new version plays than because there isn't a tournament legal one. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

9 hours ago, katadder said:

I thought the same thing. Really hope they haven't created big cards just for are. We get that in the books, the cards are play aids and the new ones already look less user friendly than the current ones. 

Plus card protectors, deck boxes etc are all added cost when you own 6 factions 

Elastic bands are pretty cheap.

What do you think is less user friendly about the cards? Health box is maybe a little small, but otherwise it's a rectangle with text on it, so as long as that's legible it seems fine.

16 minutes ago, lusciousmccabe said:

What do you think is less user friendly about the cards? Health box is maybe a little small, but otherwise it's a rectangle with text on it, so as long as that's legible it seems fine.

I think the picture takes up too much space and the text looks a bit too tightly squeezed for my taste. There seems to be not enough space for it.

But I can see how the pictures can provide more fluffy immersion.

Also: has anyone mentioned that there is no Cg on the front? Maybe certain attacks will have individual Charge-ranges?

Edit: also no SS-Cache

• Like 2

Not sure if someone has already noticed, but in Perdita's description we read:

"Her thematic crew possesses the Bravado ability, which allows them to discard their Pass Tokens to become Focused, effectively allowing them to sacrifice activation control for pure damage."

So, they're going to implement a mechanic to overcome the importance of activation control - model-specific Pass Tokens. Interesting.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Davie said:

Also: has anyone mentioned that there is no Cg on the front? Maybe certain attacks will have individual Charge-ranges?

Maybe Wyrd is going to change charges so they'll work in a manner similiar to what we'd seen in TOS video - when you charge a model, you move your model up to twice it's movement and then use :ToS-Melee: attack?

8 minutes ago, thatlatinspeakingguy said:

So, they're going to implement a mechanic to overcome the importance of activation control - model-specific Pass Tokens. Interesting.

I'm really curious about how it'll work.

3 hours ago, wobbly_goggy said:

Anyone strictly competitive will have enough minis that it's less of an issue.

Also you can't please all the people all the time. The strictly competitive is a small percentage. Keeping more people mote interested is more important. 

Side note - strictlycompetitive Nico was frankly horrible to play against.  The main purpose of a game is for both people to enjoy it.

There are plenty more masters to chose from. Far more than have gone. So you can use the dead ones for fun, non dead ones for competition. Don't bother learning them for competitive play...and that's that

My issue is that iv just spend 140gbp on a collodi crew as the first purchase ive ever made with Wyrd...whatever reasoning people try to bring forward is not helping at all...I dont have cash or time to burn.

Again, ive asked them if I can swap these unopened boxes with other models/masters that I know will be supported and allowed wherever I go, but so far there is not a single reply by anyone from Wyrd.  Not in my personal box, not in any part of this thread where multiple people have voices concerns.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Teluriel12 said:

My issue is that iv just spend 140gbp on a collodi crew as the first purchase ive ever made with Wyrd...whatever reasoning people try to bring forward is not helping at all...I dont have cash or time to burn.

Again, ive asked them if I can swap these unopened boxes with other models/masters that I know will be supported and allowed wherever I go, but so far there is not a single reply by anyone from Wyrd.  Not in my personal box, not in any part of this thread where multiple people have voices concerns.

Feel you mate, I've got a large Tomb Kings collection. Are you able to return them to the shop?  Most shops have a return policy...

4 minutes ago, Teluriel12 said:

140 pounds?!?! First purchase??  Have you bought all of the options available at once? You don't have cash to burn but you can immediately spunk 140 quid on a crew????
Christ alive, I wish I had that kind of cash! Crew box, assemble, play a few games, maybe add something, and add options when possible would be more like the norm for gaming I would have thought!!!

There is something planned for Collodi. maybe he's be part of the new faction? Who knows? But you can still play with him before 3rd ed comes out. Though 140 quid's worth of minis might take a while to assemble, let alone paint...

• Agree 2
  • Respectfully Disagree 3

2 minutes ago, wobbly_goggy said:

There is something planned for Collodi. maybe he's be part of the new faction? Who knows? But you can still play with him before 3rd ed comes out. Though 140 quid's worth of minis might take a while to assemble, let alone paint...

... and then sit on the shelf waiting for better times. Not promising prospect I must say.

Let's hope all will be good with these masters...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wobbly_goggy said:

140 pounds?!?! First purchase??  Have you bought all of the options available at once? You don't have cash to burn but you can immediately spunk 140 quid on a crew????
Christ alive, I wish I had that kind of cash! Crew box, assemble, play a few games, maybe add something, and add options when possible would be more like the norm for gaming I would have thought!!!

I saved six months for that, putting aside whenever i could and not being able to do other stuff...that was my choice.  But normally when you make a purchase you kind of expect that the company selling the product doesnt invalidate it (I gues Wyrd tournaments wouldnt allow for them!

But thanks for your empathy...you clearly know everyhing about my personal life and how I should run it.

• Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

3 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

... and then sit on the shelf waiting for better times. Not promising prospect I must say.

Let's hope all will be good with these masters...

The answer from Mason was clear. “You can use him in casual play and dead mans hands tournaments”...there was no “who knows what the future might bring”

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Teluriel12 said:

I gues Wyrd tournaments wouldnt allow for them!

Of which there are actually very few... Local tournaments are not Wyrd run events.

Find your Henchman/TO and talk to them.

Also, was your purchase direct from Wyrd or a local/online retailer?

If the latter, you need to contact them regarding a return policy.

If the former, the Wyrd website states they do not process returns.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Teluriel12 said:

The answer from Mason was clear. “You can use him in casual play and dead mans hands tournaments”...there was no “who knows what the future might bring”

I actually said, "Collodi will still be playable in casual play, as well as in tournaments that allow the "Dead Man's Hand" models."

Just clarifying since you used quotation marks but then paraphrased me.  :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 1

1 minute ago, Teluriel12 said:

I saved six months for that, putting aside whenever i could and not being able to do other stuff...that was my choice.  But normally when you make a purchase you kind of expect that the company selling the product doesnt invalidate it (I gues Wyrd tournaments wouldnt allow for them!

But thanks for your empathy...you clearly know everyhing about my personal life and how I should run it.

Are we here to discuss your personal life or an awesome new version of the game?
I somehow doubt that top of any business' list of concerns when writing a new edition of a game is 'looking out for super niche cases of mini collecting totally out of line with what most people do'. 
They haven't said Collodi is invalidated. Are you planning on going to many 'Wyrd official' events? As I've previously stated, most Henchman (ie those who run events) will certainly allow these masters at their events

• Like 2
  • Respectfully Disagree 4