Third Edition is Coming!!

Nef

5 minutes ago, Thedeadclaw said:

What happens to models that are masters now but won't be with release? I'm just about to buy into this game and want to make sure I don't pick a soon to be obsolete box set 🤣

All of the masters will have stat cards at release.

Even the dead and missing ones, per my post above. :)

I absolutely love the faction illustrations—amazing job, and hats off to your art team!

Also, Rasputina's ice boots look dope, and I love her more action-oriented pose.

Can you elaborate a bit on how thematic crews will work? How much flexibility will there be for variations in list-building?

• Like 1

This is super exciting!

I love that you're cutting the fat and slimming things down to 11 conditions. That is plenty for tons of flavor and brings the focus on playing the game instead of memorizing a million cards! Also, I LOVE that burning goes up during the end phase. Very thematic.

It's really cool you can take two masters together. I can't wait to see how this works!

The new card layout looks AWESOME!

And it seems like you're advancing the story too! Nekima in, Lilith out! Malifaux marches forward! Love it, love it, can't wait to read that story!

Really, it all just sounds great all around. Once this is out I'll be playing Malifaux regularly again.

• Like 6

Personal tally:

8 masters spanning 3 factions, but 6/8 Guild, becomes

2 deGuilded into one faction I will not pursue and one I probably won’t, 1 removed. 1 promoted, 1 dual factioned into secondary faction I do own. 1 still around that I did not think would survive any sort of cull. 1 I don’t own but he’s in my faction now, no more of this ‘but Gnomezilla, you don’t want to pick up gremmies, do you’ nonsense! Infamy awaits! With a tiny teddy onboard!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Figgyfigs said:

Can you elaborate a bit on how thematic crews will work? How much flexibility will there be for variations in list-building?

Without going into too much detail just yet, hiring within a Master's keyword will be affordable and will provide options that reinforce that Master's central theme. If you want to go outside a Master's keyword, you'll be able to do so within your faction, albeit at a minor penalty.

All in all, we're reinforcing thematic crews while still allowing people to explore other options within their faction.

• Like 6