Perdita Quetions

CrazzyTeddy

Hi all! I’m new to the game and started with Perdita. I just have a few questions. Are the tactics on PullMyFinger for Perdita still accurate or have they become outdated? I ask because it seems like the articles were written a few years ago. Also, what exactly should I be doing with Papa in a typical game? Is it worth the risk of keeping him close to Perdita and Frank so he can use hold this or should I maybe pair him up with someone else like Santiago? Also, I was reading about first turn plays where you slingshot Perdita up the field and try to do some damage or get a kill turn one, how do you know when it’s safe to do this? For instance, in a game yesterday I tried this against Marcus, I didn’t do much damage, but in the first activation of the second turn the Cerberus leaped onto her and ripped her apart. It was hilarious, but obviously I’d like to avoid that in the future. Thanks!

• Like 1

Perdita is considered a easy Master to play,beacause she has DF and Wp7.

Obviously she isn't easy,beacause she has only 10 wound and no defensive trigger against Ca or Mi.

Actually Papa Loco and Santiago aren't competitive, especially Papa Loco.

In my 2 lasts game I play Nino but she always died without do nothing, against Gremlins is died the first turn on the first activation...

Good models with her are Abuela (but I never run she with her),Francisco(obligatory),the nephilim, and 2 Monster Hunter.

On the firsts 2-3 turn you need absolutely Francisco that put Df9 and wp 9 on Perdita,then I tend to fire heavy on first turn only if there is a chance to put pression on enemy Master or if I'm certain to kill a model,you need a good hand to do this beacause her damage is not very high wit only 2 of minimum.

The Problem of Perdita is the very low caches you need to build a crew with at least 8 models and at least 5 soul stone...

Obligatory upgrade are "fastest drawn in Malifaux" and "Trick Shooting", "Witched Bullet " on card is very good but every time (EVERY TIME,ALWAYS) that I buy it ,When I use it I flip the black joker, so I've stopped to buy it.

• Like 1

The article on pull my finger is probably a good introduction to playing her, but don't expect top tips that you'll use to win events. 

Models like papa loco don't have a normal game, you hire them with a set intent and then use them for that. If what you want is bonus to damage, then keep him safe, if you want big explosion then get him away from your crew as fast as possible. 

Knowing when it's safe to go on advance is something you have to learn. You'll work out how much damage you can rely on from her then learn what attacks she is relatively safe from, and when it's better to save a good cards for her protection rather than her offense. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

I have to admit that I love Papa Loco, but he never makes it into my lists 😭 .  As for Santiago, well he sort of has lots of competition for his slot but you do need a plan of action for him.  Abuela works well and can be handy for making that key non family model family and the listen up action is rather handy.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, CrazzyTeddy said:

Hi all! I’m new to the game and started with Perdita. I just have a few questions. Are the tactics on PullMyFinger for Perdita still accurate or have they become outdated? I ask because it seems like the articles were written a few years ago. Also, what exactly should I be doing with Papa in a typical game? Is it worth the risk of keeping him close to Perdita and Frank so he can use hold this or should I maybe pair him up with someone else like Santiago? Also, I was reading about first turn plays where you slingshot Perdita up the field and try to do some damage or get a kill turn one, how do you know when it’s safe to do this? For instance, in a game yesterday I tried this against Marcus, I didn’t do much damage, but in the first activation of the second turn the Cerberus leaped onto her and ripped her apart. It was hilarious, but obviously I’d like to avoid that in the future. Thanks!

I like Papa a lot, but he isn't worth pairing with Santiago.  The lack of a good ramping damage attack makes that plus to damage kind of wasted.  

I only slingshot perdita up to kill turn one if I have def 9 on her.  Otherwise I find it too risky.  One of the key parts of playing Perdita is knowing when to use her 14" range to pick on one model and stay out of range of the rest, and when to charge with her into ML.  Your hand, the positioning, the potential threats, and the state of the game will all be important to decide that.  

Since you are learning the game, there are lots of fun things to discover with both Papa loco and santiago.  Obeys, and pushes can help put papa loco into positions to suicide bomb opponents when they don't see it coming.    Don't stress too much and enjoy the discoveries you can make with them.  

I like Nino a lot, but I don't stress about putting him up on ledges or putting him very far upfield.  

I agree with @Fazza92 about the model count issue.  I recommend some guild guard to chew activations and provide models to push towards for the Neph.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Perdita, papa, frank, effigy, monster hunter, nino, nephelim, investigator is my normal list for her.

Papa is a great model in the list giving her a + flip to damage without needing to stone for the mask. The effigy and frank are fairly obvious why they are there. If you can shoot a model pull a low card after killing them and hero's gamble into a better hand that's best case scenario. Also Effigy is low threat enough he can do some center board or late game scheme running. the investigator assists Perdita and papa getting around the board together safely she also pulls a card a turn for you. I rarely find myself using her obey because she's capable of removing a model per shot or two shots which is a better use of AP early game. When I use obey it's normally to walk models off of markers for guarded treasure once I'm up on activations. Nino is a great model for ply and symbols if played well, he is also used to tag models later in the turn like performers and other small scheme runners while denying interacts.