Oxfordian Mage 6ss 
   Doom Ward 0ss 
   Temporary Shielding 0ss 
Oxfordian Mage 6ss 
   Nemesis Ward 0ss 
   Temporary Shielding 0ss 
Arcane Effigy 4ss 
Fire Gamin 4ss 

This is what’s I was looking at. I figured the child and Kaeris can give the Golem burning turn one. Carlos can push and walk twice. Then the Golem can take the (0) to place next to Carlos and take his burning. At that point the Golem can possibly charge something Turn 1 and  get some burning on the enemy. 

I don’t know. Just a thought. 

The Fire Golem is making me take another look at Kaeris' Purifying Fire upgrade.  I never disliked it to begin with, but the Golem's Wildfire ability ramps it up a lot, by allowing you to heal during the turn and at the end.  The ability says you resolve the burning condition as if it was the end of turn, not that burning models take damage.  The Golem throws around a lot of indiscriminate fire, so he can potentially generate a lot of incidental healing.  The Purifying Fire upgrade also doesn't interfere with the Golem's ability to stack fire like Grab & Drop does.

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

On 8/10/2018 at 8:43 PM, Clockwork_Fish said:

Okay, one last thought on the Fire Golem.  He doubles up the damage on Firestarter’s Twirling the Gas Can.  So He charges a ‘twirled’ model, puts 5 burning on it with 2 attacks and a 0.  Target takes 7 damage immediately then 4 at end of turn.  

😍

having played with it it is incredibly dangerous and felt really good with kaeris Whom i stacked 7 burning on it turn 1, that said condition removal does make it very squishy.

edit. removed incorrect comment 

Edited by An1maux
incorrect info

32 minutes ago, An1maux said:

The fire Golem if he hits will put 6 burning on minimum with a potential of 2 more for each tome on the attack, this means a likely 9 damage from the wildfire burning(with out tomes counted) then 6 at end of turn. 

having played with it it is incredibly dangerous and felt really good with kaeris Whom i stacked 7 burning on it turn 1, that said condition removal does make it very squishy.

Doesn't his :ToS-Tome: trigger give HIM burning, not the target?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This is my favourite Kaeris list: (although swap in kandara for fitzsimmons if undercover entourage or symbols of authority)

Declared Faction: Arcanists 

Crew Name: kaeris 50ss 
Leader: Kaeris - Cache:(4)
Blinding Flame 1ss 
Grab and Drop 1ss 
Imbued Protection 2ss 
Fitzsimmons 8ss 
Fire Golem 9ss 
Imbued Energies 1ss 
Fire Gamin 4ss 
Fire Gamin 4ss 
Gunsmith 7ss