triggers timing (again)

gertermit

Question

Dear friends!

We know, that the Df triggers resolve before Attacking model's triggers. 
And we know, that model removes from the game after "after damaging" 
attacking triggers. So, can we resolve Df trigger before removing a model, 
if this model died during the attack?

2 hours ago, Adran said:

I'm going to say that your simple situation doesn't agree with the rules we have. Only "After damaging" triggers have the stick around clause, which does make it much more complicated. With out that clause, dead models would clearly all go away before any of those triggers happen. And I'm sorry if its strange. I'd love it to be cleared up, but it hasn't been.

That's exactly what I said.

Yes, the rules are clearly incomplete on this argument. Nevertheless, if it happens a situation like this during a tournament, the referee/TO must make a call.

Here we have a complicated situation where there aren't any simple RAW rules to follow (raw says killed model are removed immeduately, and then says that after damaging are resolved after step 5, and then says but before removing model...). So, in ANY case you're forced to breaking/bending/interpreting the rules.

The interpretation that makes that "master timing chart" is imvvvho the best at the moment in terms of game balancing, intuitiveness and positive playing experience...

Than, I'm continuing to hope in an official faq.