Any update on TOS goodies?

Brass Monkey

12 minutes ago, envyizm said:

Which facebook group? I find it hard to believe that US orders are starting to get fulfilled at this point. If this is the true, this is excellent news. 

I mean if you find it hard to believe, that's fine. But people I know personally have photographic evidence otherwise

The group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/724838594384307/?multi_permalinks=975307689337395&notif_id=1539808260382974&notif_t=group_activity

1 minute ago, cbtb11235813 said:

I mean if you find it hard to believe, that's fine. But people I know personally have photographic evidence otherwise

The group is https://www.facebook.com/groups/724838594384307/?multi_permalinks=975307689337395&notif_id=1539808260382974&notif_t=group_activity

Wow, the wait is finally coming to an end. I really just wanted to flush out the source of the pictures. I needed to see it to believe it. Thanks for the link. 

• Like 1

From what I see in the photos, it looks like we are not getting all of our entitled freebies. Reading the KS site, it states "when our total pledged amount hits certain levels, the corresponding stretch goal below will unlock.". Looks like we raised over 481k in total pledges, but we only unlocked the stretch goals up to 375k. If my math is correct, the people who are showing their kits are still entitled to another adjunct model and the limited edition syndicate models if they pledged commander or higher. 

If I am in error here, someone let me know.

49 minutes ago, envyizm said:

From what I see in the photos, it looks like we are not getting all of our entitled freebies. Reading the KS site, it states "when our total pledged amount hits certain levels, the corresponding stretch goal below will unlock.". Looks like we raised over 481k in total pledges, but we only unlocked the stretch goals up to 375k. If my math is correct, the people who are showing their kits are still entitled to another adjunct model and the limited edition syndicate models if they pledged commander or higher. 

If I am in error here, someone let me know.

So you haven’t read any of the comments about the adjuncts being packaged multiple models to the box, I guess.

30 minutes ago, solkan said:

So you haven’t read any of the comments about the adjuncts being packaged multiple models to the box, I guess.

I saw a few pictures of what people brought in and made the apparently sweeping assumption that one box meant one figure for the adjuncts. Didn't occur to me to dredge through the comments. Thanks for the correction. Hopefully the syndicate models come in as well.

2 minutes ago, envyizm said:

I saw a few pictures of what people brought in and made the apparently sweeping assumption that one box meant one figure for the adjuncts. Didn't occur to me to dredge through the comments. Thanks for the correction. Hopefully the syndicate models come in as well.

One of the posters was asked in they came in, and the poster said they did get their syndicate models.

1 hour ago, -Loki- said:

Maybe at this point stop complaining and just start again when you get your stuff?

The fact that you're apparently sore over the community complaining over obvious pitfalls in the KS process says much more about you than those who are complaining. 

Consider this: perhaps try not taking so much personal ownership over what we say about a company that, in reality, has very little to actually do with you. 

I get that you have a lot of posts on these forums, but your this perception you have of some kind of podium is purely imaginary. Your statement implies that the "complainers" had no grounds to complain or question the company for their practices. You hardly have the credentials to validate or invalidate the criticism and concerns this community had for a project that had obvious issues. 

As for the complaints after receiving my kit: I can't speak for everyone, but I find the quality control issues with some of the larger models to be incredibly ironic as the fanboys routinely used quality as a rationale for the lack of quality communication and delays regarding this project. However, I've been modeling for decades and I'm hardly phased by gaps and excess on models.

50 minutes ago, envyizm said:

The fact that you're apparently sore over the community complaining over obvious pitfalls in the KS process says much more about you than those who are complaining. 

Consider this: perhaps try not taking so much personal ownership over what we say about a company that, in reality, has very little to actually do with you. 

I get that you have a lot of posts on these forums, but your this perception you have of some kind of podium is purely imaginary. Your statement implies that the "complainers" had no grounds to complain or question the company for their practices. You hardly have the credentials to validate or invalidate the criticism and concerns this community had for a project that had obvious issues. 

As for the complaints after receiving my kit: I can't speak for everyone, but I find the quality control issues with some of the larger models to be incredibly ironic as the fanboys routinely used quality as a rationale for the lack of quality communication and delays regarding this project. However, I've been modeling for decades and I'm hardly phased by gaps and excess on models.

I have never participated in a Kickstarter that didn't go sideways one way or another. It's hard to predict the future, and companies are subject to the fickle winds of fate just like anyone else. You are definitely going to get your models before retail, as many don't realease till at least December. If it's for the price, we all knew going in that, if that's what you're after, purchasing from an online store that can afford massive chunks off the MSRP is the way to go.
If it's a quality issue, then definitely wait until the product hits the shelves before investing money. During a kickstarter you get to mostly see art and renders, and those have changed too. 
It sounds like you have qualms with what a Kickstarter implies.

17 hours ago, envyizm said:

Which facebook group? I find it hard to believe that US orders are starting to get fulfilled at this point. If this is the true, this is excellent news. 

Group is called "Contiones de Rege Flammae". They changed it as a joke and realized their mistake after changing it. Facebook prevents you from changing your name more than once every 30 days so they have to wait to change it back.

There's been multiple people showing fedex deliver notices and packages that they have received. Some are receiving and not getting the notices from FedEx that they have a delivery. Also, it looks like it is by backer # but that could just be coincidence.

• Thanks 1

Just to update with information from the Other Side facebook group:

US Orders are starting to show up in the midwest as of yesterday. Since everything ships out of Georgia we are likely going to see orders arriving on people's doorsteps in the next couple days.

You can log into Fedex.com and click 'manage my deliverys'. If Fedex is tracking a shipment to your address, they'll post it on the website with a tracking number. We haven't seen official emails with tracking numbers yet - the current theory is that boxes are still leaving the warehouse and we'll see a bulk email send once they are all out the door

Initial reports is that the models are good quality and Yes, there are tidepool markers in the Gibbering Hordes shipments. At least two instances of a incorrect pledge (one mispack and one damaged by fedex) have been reported, but Wyrd support is already helping with the issue in both cases.

Pledges arrive in the retail boxes, which is a nice bonus since you get the nice box art.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Pergli said:

Group is called "Contiones de Rege Flammae". They changed it as a joke and realized their mistake after changing it. Facebook prevents you from changing your name more than once every 30 days so they have to wait to change it back.

There's been multiple people showing fedex deliver notices and packages that they have received. Some are receiving and not getting the notices from FedEx that they have a delivery. Also, it looks like it is by backer # but that could just be coincidence.

Thanks for the heads up. I got into the group and got to see some of the unboxings. I think I'm finally ready to board this hype train. I'm almost as excited to paint these guys up as I am to play the game to be honest. I really am digging the lovecraftian theme for the cult. First free weekend I have after I receive my kit, I'm going to ignore my many adult responsibilities and get to work.

10 hours ago, Saduhem said:

It sounds like you have qualms with what a Kickstarter implies.

Not at all. The issues I had with wyrd over this whole process stemmed mostly from them not fulfilling the timelines they set for this project. The fact that the defense of these major pitfalls in logicists were defended by the fanboys shouting "quality" and "community" were found to be incredibly ironic as wyrds communication through this project has been sub par for a functioning and established company. Additionally, the issue people are having with the alpha crawler quality. I don't exactly feel any sort of way throughout this process, but I am amused by the irony. It is what it is.

I'm one of those complicated individuals that can be a fan of and simultaneously critique a franchise at the same time. I love everything about the gameplay and the art regarding this project, which is why I backed it so heavily. Watching friends back out for other games and the major pitfalls in their timeline regarding quality control, then to see some of the issue with the product; I'm  not a big fan of that. 

I'm very much excited for this game, but most of us can agree that it got off to a rocky start. Whether this happens often or not doesn't excuse the issues. They got their money to provide a service and in some ways did a poor job doing so.

• Agree 1

I'm a huge Wyrd fan, but even I have had issues with this KS:

1) The long delays, though that is somewhat par for the course for KS projects, so I'm willing to forgive it.

2) The abominable communication however, especially in conjunction with the above delays, is much less excusable.

3) The whole "get it on KS for less than the MSRP" debacle. I understand things change - especially with a project that has been delayed as much as this - but I think we at least deserve a bit of an acknowledgement, if not explanation (see point 2).

4) And now... the quality I'm seeing on the Alpha Crawler is not filling me with confidence... especially given the reason most often stated for the delays (when anything was given), was issues with quality, and the titans are the flagship products so should be better than most. I'm 100% on the "happy to wait if it means a better product" bandwagon, but if the AC is indicative of the final quality... I won't be too impressed. That being said, I'll reserve judgement on this one until I have the actual models in hand.

Overall, I loved this game when announced (like most things Wyrd), but even my enthusiasm for the game has waned with a combination of the points above. I've gone from "this game can't come fast enough - I want to play now!" to "when it arrives it arrives - maybe I'll get it on the table eventually". Which is a real shame. Hopefully having the actual products in hand (finally) will re-ignite my enthusiasm...

• Agree 1

19 minutes ago, retnab said:

The original projected delivery month was Dec 17, so it was delayed by 10 months (but then again, I've literally never had one of my KS' arrive on time).

9 months - long enough to have a baby, but not long enough to have ToS.

Sorry, couldn't resist. 😁

(Plus I'm in Europe, so I expect it'll be at least 11 months by the time mine arrives).

Honestly if they showed off the samples of all the models it would have silenced us for good during those delay months.

Looking at some of the pics people are sharing it looks like the quality is freaking amazing. Get a set of extra extra sharp x-acto blades and some GS for final tidy/cleanup but otherwise the amount of time saved assembling models makes this game a bargain.

Again, I probably should wait until I get my stuff but as of now I am not only super hyped up but excited to start showcasing this game to local players ( lets snuff out those kill team/shadespire wanabies)

2 hours ago, gribble said:

I'm a huge Wyrd fan, but even I have had issues with this KS:

1) The long delays, though that is somewhat par for the course for KS projects, so I'm willing to forgive it.

2) The abominable communication however, especially in conjunction with the above delays, is much less excusable.

Unfortunately, bad communication is another staple of KS-ville. In truth, the communication I've seen from Wyrd has been far more regular than the majority of kickstarters I've seen and been a part of.

5 hours ago, retnab said:

(but then again, I've literally never had one of my KS' arrive on time).

you need to try Kicking battle systems, they've been on time the two times i backed, i didnt get their last one but they nailed it too!

I cant wait for mine, no word on fedex, a tracking number would be nice but I'm hoping it will show up within a week. would be interesting to see how many they are sending out each day, active tracker just to get every last bit of hype out of us