Any update on TOS goodies?

Brass Monkey

14 hours ago, Kerrida said:

Unfortunately, bad communication is another staple of KS-ville. In truth, the communication I've seen from Wyrd has been far more regular than the majority of kickstarters I've seen and been a part of.

That has not been my experience - and I'm a superbacker with over 250 projects under my belt. Sure a minority of projects do also suffer from this (maybe 10%), and they similarly earn my ire. But I don't expect communication unless there is something to say -  I just expect there to be something to say when a project is late on delivering it's goals (i.e. regular updates on why and what they are doing about it).

• Agree 1

Yeah i was a little disappointed in the soft (maybe a resin blend?) plastic they ended up going with at first. The demo versions were certainly much harder plastic than what actually was delivered. Fortunately the quality is still very high for the most part. Lord of Steel isn’t so great, I would say average and the bendiness did no favors to the model. 

But, the rest of the Abyssinia models are quite sharp in details and the spears/machetes are not bent. Haven’t really inspected the Cult yet. 

3 hours ago, CaladanCid said:

Yeah i was a little disappointed in the soft (maybe a resin blend?) plastic they ended up going with at first. The demo versions were certainly much harder plastic than what actually was delivered. Fortunately the quality is still very high for the most part. Lord of Steel isn’t so great, I would say average and the bendiness did no favors to the model. 

But, the rest of the Abyssinia models are quite sharp in details and the spears/machetes are not bent. Haven’t really inspected the Cult yet. 

Thanks for the info! Cult and Abyssinia are the two factions I bought into so that's good to know. Could you share a pic of the Lord of Steel?

7 hours ago, Beetle941 said:

Honestly I expected something like that to happen. Like others have said, a little warm water will fix that right up. 

I mean after playing with the demo versions I did expect better, but that's not a huge deal.  And the detail quality of the armor isn't too bad honestly, I was just hoping for a better face.  The awesome art gets lost in whatever happened there.

In terms of bendiness, the Basotho are much worse though again the majority of the detail/design is pretty solid.

And I should add, the Mehal and Crows are pretty amazing in terms of pre-assembled models.

13 hours ago, Harkevich said:

There's a rumor that shipping stopped this week. Did anyone receive a notification/product since Sunday?

Is the rumour that Shipping stopped as in it was completed? One of my locals had e-mail notification Monday morning, but I don't know if that's just the time he read it or the time it was sent. The update implied they were nearly finished, having done all the international and were well on their way through the US ones. What they were behind on is the e-mailing people with completed orders since they were focusing on getting the product out the door as fast as possible.

14 hours ago, Adran said:

Is the rumour that Shipping stopped as in it was completed? One of my locals had e-mail notification Monday morning, but I don't know if that's just the time he read it or the time it was sent. The update implied they were nearly finished, having done all the international and were well on their way through the US ones. What they were behind on is the e-mailing people with completed orders since they were focusing on getting the product out the door as fast as possible.

The rumor was that they had a stop shipping things out this week and would start again next week. I'm hoping maybe it'll be cleared up on the friday update. If we are really lucky maybe we'll get an estimate of when domestic (US) orders will be finished shipping out the door.

No. We didn't work the weekend.

Shipping is still going on, as stated. Loads and loads are out. We have not updated tracking/shipping information (also stated in the update) as we've been focusing on getting everything out the door, not pulling someone off it to go back in and update tracking notifications. We've had some folks staying late putting them in, but the priority is to get the packages out. 

Red Rooster Robbed Rob. Tell that to someone and get back to me next week and let me know what the rumor and saying actually has morphed into along the way. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 2

In Spain we got our notification on Monday, so it should be arriving soon... now with TOS models and Malifaux models, I have more than 200 Wyrd models to paint. I need to quit my job, if any of you is the lucky american guy that won the 1.6 billion dollars I could live with a couple of millions, I'm quite humble! 

• Haha 1