Any update on TOS goodies?

Brass Monkey

On 11/17/2018 at 12:32 PM, Burnin' Coal said:

@Mr Janje sure....but they have been totally upfront all the way whenever there's been a bump or a snag and only this week gave a fulsome apology for the delay in a way that makes me understand as a customer that problems they have encountered were/are beyond their control....I would hazard that a majority of companies both big and small never go to these lengths to keep customers updated - whilst it may be a while before Wyrd does another Kickstarter I wouldn't hesitate to sign up again as I am sure they now have a comprehensive list of pitfalls to watch out for...just think of the research that went into sourcing a suitable plastic, then the renders ,then actually getting them produced to a satisfactory standard along with the assembly process and packaging...it's a gargantuan task for what is at the end of the day a successful but nonetheless niche company....am in no doubt that it will have been worth the wait once they get here

I'm not being funny, but did I miss an apology about delays this week? The last update I see on Kickstarter is the 9th, which was the week before.

In the spirit of your above post about not trying to pick a fight:  I'm not sure what your expectations of a company are if you consider Wyrd going to great lengths to keep customers updated, but I think it's been pretty poor with regards shipping. The biggest issue I have is not the length of time i'm having to wait but, as @Chou said, being left in the dark. Splitting the updates into 'domestic' and 'rest of the planet' is not a great way to do things considering the size of the 'rest of the planet' and the numerous shipping hubs there must be.

I've backed a couple of international kickstarters that have been fulfilled this year and they both had sections of the updates dedicated to the regions they were fulfilling. I would be infinitely happier if Wyrd came out with something like 'Europe - there are delays in shipping to backers but they are hoping to get them sent out soon', but we've had nothing for 10 days after the update that 'The Other Side has Launched!'

I recommend reaching out to support. They will get back to you and provide you with any information that they have. I had been getting a bit antsy over the last month and a half due to lack of updates as well.

Shoot, you might even luck out the way I did and see the emails confirming your order packing before support even gets the email.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, spooky_squirrel said:

I recommend reaching out to support. They will get back to you and provide you with any information that they have. I had been getting a bit antsy over the last month and a half due to lack of updates as well.

Shoot, you might even luck out the way I did and see the emails confirming your order packing before support even gets the email.

I'll give that a go. Thanks for the hint and gtz on getting your email 😁

@innsmouthresident @Chou

In the same way that I wasn't trying to pick a fight I think it would be fair to say that neither was I trying to play devils advocate....yes there was a recent apology on this site I believe it was , but as I have barely been at home for weeks due to work I can't point you to it....I guess at the end of the day my personal approach remains "it'll get here when it does" as I've waited this long so another week or so is not a deal breaker for me...I can also completely underderstand if others feel differently....I do stick by what I said about Wyrd being really good at trying to put things right whenever they can because aside from this project that has been my personal experience but if you go to the home page where people occasionally post problems they are experiencing then I think you'll find that to be the norm rather than an exception 

My only worry at this juncture is that we aren't that far off of hitting the logjam that happens with the Postal service over the holidays...should it end up being delayed further because of that then my patience might start to wane somewhat...for now I'm sure we'll get another update soon

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Burnin' Coal said:

My only worry at this juncture is that we aren't that far off of hitting the logjam that happens with the Postal service over the holidays...should it end up being delayed further because of that then my patience might start to wane somewhat...for now I'm sure we'll get another update soon

This is a big thing to keep in mind. If you don't have an email from Wyrd about shipping information, contact support to let them know. If you do have your shipping information, keep tabs on the shipping provider to see what the status and location of it is. Coming into the holiday season every package carrier will be slammed, but that will only impact arrival date. You should have information much sooner than that about when it actually goes to the shipping package carrier.

1 hour ago, spikes said:

Heh. At least they said something about the European shipments. There is no word on Asia shipping - seems like I'm the singular Asian backer here and they are just ignoring the region. 

Since I saw Australian recipients before any other international shipments, I figured your region had been lumped in with those and yours would have them enroute already. 😕 

1 hour ago, Gnomezilla said:

Since I saw Australian recipients before any other international shipments, I figured your region had been lumped in with those and yours would have them enroute already. 😕 

So did I, so did I. Was super excited at first. Unfortunately, the Australian shipper confirmed with me they weren't handling shipments for my country, which makes me wonder if we were somehow forgotten or accidentally missed out. 

@innsmouthresident @Chou

Thanks a lot guys...hopefully you won't be far behind me...can't put into words how happy I am with it all....and having been originally staunchly in favour of making up the models myself my very first thought was "glad I didn't have to glue this lot together !"...got the day off so will be investigating in depth

• Like 1

I assume this is the right place to put this:

So I'm going to start this post by saying I in no way hold Wyrd Miniatures responsible for what happened today.

That being said, UK residents check if Yodel is shipping your models. If they are, please seriously consider getting them to hold them at the depot. Especially if you are in the Midlands.

My address was being used by me and a pair of friends (getting a 2-player set), due to neither of them having fixed addresses during the Kickstarter. As such, I was expecting two boxes to come through once the deliveries were up and running. This morning, I missed a text from the delivery company 'Yodel' that my package was on its way.

I returned home about 4pm to discover a box sitting beside my house, in full view of the street. This box contains my two friends' kickstarter, all $440 of it. It hadn't been tampered with nor had it been damaged, but it had been left out for maybe six hours. There was absolutely nothing stopping a random passerby from walking off with it apart from me living on a quiet street.

Entering my home, I found a note from a Yodel courier that my delivery, not my friends', had not been delivered as it needed a signature. As you can imagine, there was no way I was letting Yodel mess me around, so I called up their customer service line to ask them to hold it at the depot for collection.Once I'd done this, I attempted to complain, but their line doesn't go to a human being under what seems like any circumstances.

An hour or so later, a courier arrived with my package and I accepted it. Currently, I am debating driving over to the depot tomorrow after work, purely to make my opinion known to someone in the management. Their treatment of my friends' package was completely unacceptable and has me fuming

I hope you can understand why I'm posting this and what I'm trying to achieve here. Again, I in no way blame Wyrd Miniatures for this. I in no way expect or demand an apology from anyone involved in this forum. I do not consider this your fault. The blame lies solely with Yodel and again, I strongly encourage anyone waiting for packages to contact Yodel and ask them to hold onto their packages for collection as I cannot in good conscience not warn this forum's users that there may be a problem with the delivery of your order.

I apologise for the consternation I assume this post is going to cause, but this was completely unacceptable.

Edited by Tim Maguire
slight grammatical edit
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Burnin' Coal said:

@innsmouthresident @Chou

Thanks a lot guys...hopefully you won't be far behind me...can't put into words how happy I am with it all....and having been originally staunchly in favour of making up the models myself my very first thought was "glad I didn't have to glue this lot together !"...got the day off so will be investigating in depth

Mine arrived today :) Luckily my wife was in so Yodel didn't leave it outside. According to the sticker it came from Wayland Games, so no wonder it was late ;) 

Very happy with the models! So glad I don't have to assemble all this stuff!

• Like 1

I read the Yodel story with horror...I had no prior notification and just by luck happened to be at home to receive a parcel I wasn't expecting...we used to have just mailmen...now we frequently get people with no kind of uniform turning up at the door out of plain vans and cars handing stuff over...or leaving it on the step....or with neighbors...hope no one else goes through that

Mines arrived today (UK) not a fan of the squishy plastic some of the models are made from , missing a unit according to the receipt as well ( it’s got a funny little line drawn on in pen next to it ,so maybe coming later?)

models do look very nice  , some of them are so squishy though , seems like any paint would just flake off with all the movement

22 minutes ago, dalezzz said:

Mines arrived today (UK) not a fan of the squishy plastic some of the models are made from ....models do look very nice  , some of them are so squishy though , seems like any paint would just flake off with all the movement

As I started opening boxes I was similarly a little concerned...BUT....the hot water to cold immediately straightened bent parts out....then a brand new scalpel blade lifted off the very little flash and now twenty four hours after I hit a few models with a coat of Mig One Shot primer I tried a flex test on one of the many thin parts....no paint flaked or cracked and as they are still at primer stage I gave it a good go - no cracking...and now a third test on the very thin arm of one of the Warped - no worries - all good

Also (this is a question maybe someone @Wyrd could answer) there does appear to be different plastics involved...Samantha Thrace and Bini Nguyen are both made from a darker grey and much harder plastic

• Like 1

I once ordered a sword, and I was not home for the delivery. I was informed that they do not allow pick up at their depot on weekends, and instead they were perfectly happy leaving it on my front porch. When I told them the contents, they offered to toss the package over the fence or I'd have to take a day off work.

Some delivery services are just terrible.

On 11/23/2018 at 6:53 PM, Burnin' Coal said:

As I started opening boxes I was similarly a little concerned...BUT....the hot water to cold immediately straightened bent parts out....then a brand new scalpel blade lifted off the very little flash and now twenty four hours after I hit a few models with a coat of Mig One Shot primer I tried a flex test on one of the many thin parts....no paint flaked or cracked and as they are still at primer stage I gave it a good go - no cracking...and now a third test on the very thin arm of one of the Warped - no worries - all good

Also (this is a question maybe someone @Wyrd could answer) there does appear to be different plastics involved...Samantha Thrace and Bini Nguyen are both made from a darker grey and much harder plastic

Good that they seem to take paint ok , really don’t like this material though . (and yes some models are a harder plastic which is much better)  to clarify though , nothing is bent , just ridiculously bendy and squishy . I would be concerned transporting them as my foam cases will push the plastic on The models rather than the plastic pushing the foam they are so bad .

@dalezzz just to reconfirm that with regard to paint I'm continuing to test as I go...am now using liquid green stuff and it's doing its job like it does on regular Malifaux models

With regard to squishiness....have currently washed, scrubbed, deflashed and primed around thirty five models...the majority I would store in a pluck and pull case like my Malifaux figures and would not be concerned...I have not worked on any of the Royal Rifle Corps yet however...the rifle barrels and bayonets in particular are so fine that the bayonet itself is a bit too flexible for my taste BUT I would hazard after my experience so far that it will still take paint ok...having said that for those models in particular the harder grey plastic used on Samantha Thrace would have been preferable if I were given a choice...although having said that the slightly softer material seems to hold detail incredibly well

Ultimately I guess it will only be in a few months time when a whole bunch of us have based and varnished figures that have been played and handled repeatedly that we'll have a clearer overview...much as I love the regular Malifaux plastic to work with it is nonetheless terrifyingly difficult to handle some models (I'm looking at you Will o Wisps and Goryo) and keep them intact whereas The Other Side models retain the same level of detail without risking damage...if it means retouching barrels or bayonets I would take that over having to glue parts back on as well as repainting - those bayonets in regular plastic would be a nightmare and I know that from having had an interest in WW1 wargame figures where even in thicker metal getting them in and out of storage inevitably resulted in first bent then missing bayonet tips or broken barrels

A video can surely help in the discussion...the hot water to cold when rebending parts certainly seems to stiffen some parts....not sure what is happening chemically there but it works...will be curious to try on those rifles...am also trying to figure out if it's in my imagination or whether some boxes have fractionally stiffer plastic or whether it is because they have less very thin parts...I dropped one of the Rifle Corps while handling it - if it was regular Malifaux plastic it would have detonated...as it is no worries...even if initially there is a touch of doubt in the long term I think the recipe will work in our favour 

• 2 weeks later...

So we have started December, any good news about people outside UK and Poland receiving their goodies? As far as I know, nobody in Spain has received even the mail with the tracking number, considering the bank holidays plus the regular Christmas holidays 2019 is starting to look like the most probable goal. 

• Like 1