Any update on TOS goodies?

Brass Monkey

On 10/28/2018 at 8:53 AM, Clement said:

On the face book group there's some central Europians who have gotten shipping notifications.

AFAIK, these were all Backerkit notifications from Wyrd closing out the orders there - not actual shipping notifications unfortunately. Mine certainly went to a broken link when I clicked on "track shipment".
I don't think the shipment has even arrived in the UK (EU distribution) hub yet, let alone shipped out from there to backers.

So far in Spain nothing, on the 21st of October we got the message that the goodies were on the way and a tracking link, but it has this message: "Final TBD- Inbound to Shipping House" and a link that takes us to the backerkit page. My guess is that this means the items haven't arrived yet to the distributor, and bearing in mind how well the Spanish distirbutor works we are considering Christmas an optimistic date. 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Chou said:

So far in Spain nothing, on the 21st of October we got the message that the goodies were on the way and a tracking link, but it has this message: "Final TBD- Inbound to Shipping House" and a link that takes us to the backerkit page. 

Same here in Italy 

3 hours ago, Chou said:

So far in Spain nothing, on the 21st of October we got the message that the goodies were on the way and a tracking link, but it has this message: "Final TBD- Inbound to Shipping House" and a link that takes us to the backerkit page. My guess is that this means the items haven't arrived yet to the distributor, and bearing in mind how well the Spanish distirbutor works we are considering Christmas an optimistic date. 

I don't want to raise false hope, but my understanding of the shipping was it was coming on mass to an EU hub, and then the hub unpacks the crates and puts the individual packages in the post, so it ought to be looking at about a week (based on my looking at USP timelines for Europe) from when they put them in the post. So everyone in the EU should get it about the same time.

It shouldn't have anything to do with the normal distributers who supply shops (Although the retailers pledges may arrive that way as they had to specify who their distributer was I think). But I haven't received anything, and I have no idea how long it will take to reach the hub in the first place. Or where the hub is in the EU. I'm just hoping that this method means that once it leaves the hub it will just arrive at my door without me needing to do anything. (OK it will probably arrive at my door when I'm out and need to be collected from the local post office, but I'm fine with that) 

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, gribble said:

I think Wyrd said approx 3 weeks to arrive at the hub, then I expect it'll probably be a week of unpacking/repacking/sending, then probably another week in transit. Given it's already been a couple of weeks since it shipped, I expect it around mid/late November.

I kid you not, but it's quite a relieve knowing that there is a central hub so we don't have to rely on Diacash to deliver our stuff even when they are based here in Spain. 

• Haha 1

Just got my order in, did not receive shipping info/tracking before it came in (which is fine). Looks good at first glance, have had a couple models with limbs broken off but shouldn't be hard to fix, and it looks like everything has come in. I'm at DFW Texas for reference, hopefully other domestic orders that don't have info yet are on their way too.

Update: Got everything, other than slight damage to a few models and some of the boxes everything is here and looks great!

• 3 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Mr Janje said:

I'm just sick of having to wait for ANY sort of update...
Incredibly poor service from Wyrd AND Whoever it is they are using to distribute it in the UK :(

With all due respect and not wishing to pick a fight at all - that's a bit harsh....in any business things can hit a snag even when it's just a regular day...I lost count of how many Malifaux models I bought but a couple of times pieces were missing...so on what was maybe $15-20 models on both occasions they not only responded to my complaint within hours they shipped the broken or missing parts at a cost far greater than the models value....another time when the Royal Mail screwed up and returned an entire Gencon order without ever notifying me that it was even in the country Wyrd got onto it straight away and put me a whole new order together and reshipped it before the original order was back with them even though the mistake was way beyond their control...service above and beyond like that got me signed up for the Kickstarter....I had no doubt that it would be delivered and although I've never backed anything before I assumed from the get go that it would take longer than expected

Sure when  I see an unboxing or a model posted I think "when's it my turn ?"...but it's for sure going to be soon and for sure most definitely beyond Wyrd's control....don't knock 'em mate - there's very few companies around that care as much as they do about keeping customers happy 😉

28 minutes ago, Burnin' Coal said:

With all due respect and not wishing to pick a fight at all - that's a bit harsh....in any business things can hit a snag even when it's just a regular day...I lost count of how many Malifaux models I bought but a couple of times pieces were missing...so on what was maybe $15-20 models on both occasions they not only responded to my complaint within hours they shipped the broken or missing parts at a cost far greater than the models value....another time when the Royal Mail screwed up and returned an entire Gencon order without ever notifying me that it was even in the country Wyrd got onto it straight away and put me a whole new order together and reshipped it before the original order was back with them even though the mistake was way beyond their control...service above and beyond like that got me signed up for the Kickstarter....I had no doubt that it would be delivered and although I've never backed anything before I assumed from the get go that it would take longer than expected

Sure when  I see an unboxing or a model posted I think "when's it my turn ?"...but it's for sure going to be soon and for sure most definitely beyond Wyrd's control....don't knock 'em mate - there's very few companies around that care as much as they do about keeping customers happy 😉

Its a combination of the fact that its been a mess for a while and now its just not knowing anything about where my shipment is...

Just fed up of not knowing where it is, or how long it'll be...

@Mr Janje sure....but they have been totally upfront all the way whenever there's been a bump or a snag and only this week gave a fulsome apology for the delay in a way that makes me understand as a customer that problems they have encountered were/are beyond their control....I would hazard that a majority of companies both big and small never go to these lengths to keep customers updated - whilst it may be a while before Wyrd does another Kickstarter I wouldn't hesitate to sign up again as I am sure they now have a comprehensive list of pitfalls to watch out for...just think of the research that went into sourcing a suitable plastic, then the renders ,then actually getting them produced to a satisfactory standard along with the assembly process and packaging...it's a gargantuan task for what is at the end of the day a successful but nonetheless niche company....am in no doubt that it will have been worth the wait once they get here

On 11/17/2018 at 1:32 PM, Burnin' Coal said:

@Mr Janje sure....but they have been totally upfront all the way whenever there's been a bump or a snag and only this week gave a fulsome apology for the delay in a way that makes me understand as a customer that problems they have encountered were/are beyond their control....I would hazard that a majority of companies both big and small never go to these lengths to keep customers updated - whilst it may be a while before Wyrd does another Kickstarter I wouldn't hesitate to sign up again as I am sure they now have a comprehensive list of pitfalls to watch out for...just think of the research that went into sourcing a suitable plastic, then the renders ,then actually getting them produced to a satisfactory standard along with the assembly process and packaging...it's a gargantuan task for what is at the end of the day a successful but nonetheless niche company....am in no doubt that it will have been worth the wait once they get here

While I agree with you, the thing is that on the 21st of October we received a mail saying that our items had been shipped; that same mail had a link which took us to a backerkit page which included another link to the very same page. And that was the last news we received; yes, there have been some global updates, threads and posts but in the end no updates for us European folks. At this moment we don't know if the models are still on a ship in the middle of the ocean, if they are in the central European distributor where they are sorting the packs, if this has already been done and it's on the way to every backer...

In the end the only thing we can do is taking it with humour, but still...