Any update on TOS goodies?

Brass Monkey

5 hours ago, Chou said:

Don't know about the others, but the spanish backers didn't get any mail. 

You'd think that if they started shipping out to backers a week ago as stated by wyrd, that someone somewhere would have gotten a "hey we've shipped your items" email by now. I know stateside backers are going to get ours last, which is fine by me. I just have my suspicions about last week's update given that we are yet again left without any update. The patterns they've produced in the past suggests a mid week update this following week with another excuse for a delay. I really hope I'm wrong.

From my understanding of what they've said Wyrd is shipping the stuff out to the distributors, and the distributors are the ones that actually ship to us so we don't get blasted by customs (obviously this is only the internationals, Wyrd's probably shipping direct for the US folks).  Us not getting shipping notifications yet most likely means that the distributors haven't forwarded them on yet.

16 hours ago, envyizm said:

You'd think that if they started shipping out to backers a week ago as stated by wyrd, that someone somewhere would have gotten a "hey we've shipped your items" email by now.

That's not what Wyrd said in the 14th September update though. What was said is that they had the all the shipments from China (?) on hand, and were now "working on building the product as we speak". My own interpretation of that is that they've actually spent the last week physically building and boxing the models.

Once that's done I assume they'll then start putting together orders and shipping them out to distributors. In any case we don't have a timeline as to how long that'll take, so I'm hoping the next update will shed light on that.

On 10/1/2018 at 8:32 PM, retnab said:

Discord link: https://discordapp.com/invite/eCm6KvJ

There's also a facebook group (The Other Place) that gets pretty decently regular chats too!

thanks, as for The other place, I'm on there but it's kinda bleh. maybe its because we are waiting for the game but I'm trying to find more active conversations, than meme'ry and whinging about the pushbacks

8 hours ago, -Loki- said:

New update. Australia and New Zealand orders are already leaving the warehouse for the freight handler, other international orders by the weekend then domestic.

The wild ride is coming to an end.

Congrats, man. This is exciting news indeed. Been prepping my brush to get these models knocked out as soon as they reach my door. Probably going to paint them over a weekend or two. Built up some gaki from malifaux to practice the type of style I'm going for with my cult of the burning man army.

received_2175212942551137~3.jpeg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chou said:

Hey there! one question for the European people, did you get the mail with the tracking info? So far in Spain we haven't received it, so just wanted to check with backers from other countries.

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more "unforseen" delays given their track record so far. I know faulting wyrd in any capacity had been met with considerable push back (see above), but I'll be willing to bet that we'll see our kits after the product has reached the shelves for retail. Every decision wyrd has made so far has put a higher priority on general retail vs their backers (still don't understand why people think that's okay), so this current transition will likely follow suite. I really hope that I am wrong in my assumptions.

• Agree 1

10 minutes ago, envyizm said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there were more "unforseen" delays given their track record so far. I know faulting wyrd in any capacity had been met with considerable push back (see above), but I'll be willing to bet that we'll see our kits after the product has reached the shelves for retail. Every decision wyrd has made so far has put a higher priority on general retail vs their backers (still don't understand why people think that's okay), so this current transition will likely follow suite. I really hope that I am wrong in my assumptions.

[citation needed]

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, envyizm said:

Sigh. Here is your citation: https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/assumption

You should have read further.

You made the claim that 'Every decision wyrd has made so far has put a higher priority on general retail vs their backers ' Your post states this as fact, but its happening again as assumption. That's fair enough, but I'm really interested to see what evidence there is that Wyrd has prioritized general retail over backers. Did this happen in a previous kickstarter? Has there been news about  the retail product shipping? Did Wyrd make a statement about preferring one over the other? 

I'm honestly wondering if I should be concerned about some kind of shady Wyrd business practice as you've alluded to.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, envyizm said:

What I really want is for them to make decisions that prioritize spreading the game to as many new players as they can. The whole point of being a backer is to make a vision come true. Decisions should benefit the marketing and spreading of the game to the community as a whole. We want everyone, backer or not, to be part of a project we helped come to life. 
The decisions they make are going to focus on selling, and profiting, as much as possible. That's what we need for the game to be successful and popular. 

Greed is Good :}

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, Saduhem said:

The decisions they make are going to focus on selling, and profiting, as much as possible. That's what we need for the game to be successful and popular. 

Greed is Good :}

I'm sure a games replayability weighs much higher than a companies intrinsic greed. Assuming a company maximizing their  profit will spread the game is a very poor assumption, although common amongst many table top gamers. 

However, I'm pretty sure the experience people have had with this Kickstarter will ultimately influence how well this game does shortly after launch. I think it's safe to assume that many of wyrds choices to save a little cash in production and shipping the product to consumers created many of the more negative experiences (delays, poor comms, quality control problems) their very first group of consumers had to endure. I'm sure that will influence how many of those backers end up selling their kits rather than building community around the game, especially those who are not yet loyal to wyrd as a company. In a way, you're right.

Most of the people who I had on the hype train this summer moved on to play other games instead. 

8 minutes ago, envyizm said:

I'm sure a games replayability weighs much higher than a companies intrinsic greed. Assuming a company maximizing their  profit will spread the game is a very poor assumption, although common amongst many table top gamers. 

However, I'm pretty sure the experience people have had with this Kickstarter will ultimately influence how well this game does shortly after launch. I think it's safe to assume that many of wyrds choices to save a little cash in production and shipping the product to consumers created many of the more negative experiences (delays, poor comms, quality control problems) their very first group of consumers had to endure. I'm sure that will influence how many of those backers end up selling their kits rather than building community around the game, especially those who are not yet loyal to wyrd as a company. In a way, you're right.

Most of the people who I had on the hype train this summer moved on to play other games instead. 

Most of the things you're "sure" of, I'm not really "sure" about.

• Like 1
  • Agree 2