Call Me Slow: The Hannah Plague Saturation

Jesy Blue

In the latest installment of our "Call Me Slow" web series, I just realized you can use Hannah's 0 Action to copy Nix and/or Benny's (or any other of the lesser models) Bleeding Disease for one more model on the table affecting Blight; it makes the spam list builder in me giggle.

Please proceed to call in and tell me how behind the curve I've been.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've heard that sentiment bandied around but never really experienced it in person. My experience with Hamelin is that Blight is a side-effect of a lot of his stuff which turns really ugly if your opponent isn't able to manage it. The "Hard counters" are few and far enough between that they're not worth building around. Even the crews that can remove blight as quick as you put it down have to spend resources to do so while you only need to do that to Bleeding Disease opportunistically. 

Main issue with Hannah in Hamelin is that he doesn't have many slots for high-cost models and usually fills them up pretty quickly with straightforward, resilient beaters. She fits into the crew grand otherwise getting Obeyed while her aura adds to the annoying list of stuff your opponent can't use. 

1 hour ago, Cedar said:

Just like all Bleeding Disease crews this one has major flaw - if you end facing crew that is good against conditions (Lady Justice or Shenlong comes to mind) your damage drops significantly. 

While I have yet to face a Shenlong crew, I've fought Lady Justice a good half dozen times with Hamelin and she cannot keep up with the Blight, at all, and The Plague upgrade stops half of the help half the time.  The only crews that were ever an issue were other Hamelin crews, obviously, and crews that took the Arcane Effigy, including Colodi.

I like Hannah but in theme-built Hamelin's crew there is enough models to punish opponent with Blight condition. Hamelin, Nix, Benny, Obedient Wretch and even Stolen who are not that reliable with hitting something but they can burn opponent's hand pretty quickly. Myself, I would invest these 10SS somewhere else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flinroz said:

Additional benefit of her in this crew, she can punch rats to cause blast. I did a stuffed piglet list like that once.

Man, it's already bad enough when I purposefully kill Stolen around the enemy, now making them explode first, summon a rat, then paralyze you, would be hilarious!

• Like 2