Sign in to follow this  
Wildcard626

Scoring schemes and strats on a phone/app

Ok so I've been to a couple of tournament were my opponents note their schemes and strats on their phone/app . I've noticed however that they can be changed throughout the game/round and can't be locked in . Is it wrong for me to ask them to write it on paper and leave it on the table. I'm in No way saying anyone cheated but the opportunity is their to change what they picked and who its on etc . Wondering What other peoples opinions are on this being as apps now feature in more games . should the apps be changed to lock the schemes in at the start as it's both wyrds apps and crewfaux that ppl use and both can be altered during the game ??

• Like 4

Is it wrong for me to ask them to write it on paper and leave it on the table. 

I don't think it would be, but you probably want to have pen & paper ready.

In case you care about the Gaining Grounds document, it says:

"When a player selects their Schemes, they must document them in a manner chosen by the TO. The selections must be clear, using the full name of the Scheme and all variables (such as chosen models for certain Schemes)."

In a tournament I think players should have the schemes clearly written down clearly, I tend to use the revers side of my score sheet for this.

• Like 3

In my tournaments I tend to let people use the app, but I give them all a printout of the schemes and strategies where they can write what they want. It is up to the players to decide what method to use.