What's the deal with Alt Lenny?

Bazlord_Prime

Well, he’s $20 not $25. Good point about the piglet - I never made the connection of the model being there meaning we’re probably getting a card for it. Lenny needs one for his upgrade to function properly and it always felt missing from the Somer starter.

I was planning on getting alt Lenny anyway, so that’s a nice bonus.

but like... alt models are mainly for collecting purposes anyway, right? who cares if Lenny is good or isnt. we all got one anyway from our bayou boss box.

So we might as well just enjoy the Triple Malifaux Heavyweight Champion ( I count three belts on him and the piglet combined)

I mean... would you be more pleased to get an alt Francois? Or an Alt-Iron Skeeter? You've already got them anyways.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, green-n-dumb said:

I have one sad box for useless models.
There are Lenny, Glutony and wild boars (i dont have granny Z).

So i dont know why are they trying to sell to us alt sculpt of one of the saddest panda of the faction.
Dont know who will buy it for GAMES (not hobby purposes) at this amazing state.

You forgot the rooster riders 😑. A box of three useless models now...

• Thanks 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 3

I love the sculpt. I am not too sure about Lenny though. It is sad since I love his fluff but every time I took him, he seemed to be bad. I assume it is me not able to play him :)

I will still buy the model.

But I am also confused about him. Babaros was nice as he was not available in M1 and I had a Lilith Box. Lenny was available though.

2 hours ago, Boon said:

But I am also confused about him. Babaros was nice as he was not available in M1 and I had a Lilith Box. Lenny was available though.

There’s no rhyme or reason behind the selection of alts. The first two general release alts, one was heavily requested (bigger Nekima more in line with her 1E sculpt) and one was completely out of left field (Hungering Darkness, who can’t even be fielded without buying the crew box that has the original).

• Like 1

I think it's cool. I mean, there are far less sucky wrestlers but it's cool!

Would fit with a wrestler themed crew with wrastlers and Mancha Roja  (please wyrd, for the love of God, make a wrestling themed gremlin master/crew!!! The manager could be the totem, tag team of enforcers ripping off Lelu and Lilitu,  some GLOW  references...I mean it would be AMAZING)

I also don't get the Lenny hate. He is immune to conditions which is stupidly good, he effectively gives armour to gremlins and gives out rams...and his Ml weapon is min  3 damage!!!! And he can toss stuff all over the place (especially skeeters which can  then move stupidly far and annoy your opponents t from turn one)

He definitely has a place IMO

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

9 hours ago, -Loki- said:

There’s no rhyme or reason behind the selection of alts. The first two general release alts, one was heavily requested (bigger Nekima more in line with her 1E sculpt) and one was completely out of left field (Hungering Darkness, who can’t even be fielded without buying the crew box that has the original).

Actually I remember reading a lot of people being vocal about their dislike for the standard hungering darkness sculpt. The same with m2e nekima sculpt, so that was probably the reason

2 hours ago, wobbly_goggy said:

He is immune to conditions which is stupidly good

He is also immune to conditions, which can be stupidly bad:no focus, no defensive stance, no trying to get some buff conditions to try and compensating for the terrible df and wp.

I don't think he's unplayably bad or anything, but if I try to build a crew around his buffs to justify his cost, he gets focused hard. If I don't build a crew at least a bit around it, he's just lackluster. I still love the model and I'll eventually get my hands on the alt model, especially since I'm making a for fun wrestling crew (complete with a makeshift boxing ring).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cfrag said:

He is also immune to conditions, which can be stupidly bad:no focus, no defensive stance, no trying to get some buff conditions to try and compensating for the terrible df and wp.

I don't think he's unplayably bad or anything, but if I try to build a crew around his buffs to justify his cost, he gets focused hard. If I don't build a crew at least a bit around it, he's just lackluster. I still love the model and I'll eventually get my hands on the alt model, especially since I'm making a for fun wrestling crew (complete with a makeshift boxing ring).

True.  He was Def more useful in previous years' GG when gaining conditions for scheme purposes was bad. 

• Like 1