Gen Con 2018 Newsletter

Kyle

25 minutes ago, silicon_dioxide said:

I am super excited for the wyrdscapes. Any possibility of example photos or renders of the different buildings?

Google, Malifaux Wyrdscapes.. you’ll see their announcement photos from months ago. Or try to find it on the announcements page.

Edit: Actually I just checked, the post is called Wyrdscapes.. it’s towards the top.. 

55 minutes ago, silicon_dioxide said:

I am super excited for the wyrdscapes. Any possibility of example photos or renders of the different buildings?

Some kindhearted gentleman (:P)  got some pics of them at Origins here if you're on AWP!  I like the barricades kit best personally, though those buildings are pretty nice too.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, green-n-dumb said:

Dunno may be it sounds salty but im scared that we dont get anything new.
Yes, Wyrd have ToS but what do Malifaux players get?
No balance changes (cuddling once a year Nico and Sandeep is not a huge work), no new models, no new book.
Its like - if you want something new about Malifux - wait for uhhh...we dont know while and buy yourself some ToS.
Realy sad and scared of stagnation.

Personally I think nothing was the best thing they could have given us. The game already has a colossal number of units and the once a year book release schedule made for a more rapidly evolving Meta than I like in a minis game.

I'd be well up for new rules being released less frequently. Gives players more time to catch up with the new stuff and the Devs more time for testing and letting balance patches settle in. 

• Agree 3

34 minutes ago, lusciousmccabe said:

Personally I think nothing was the best thing they could have given us. The game already has a colossal number of units and the once a year book release schedule made for a more rapidly evolving Meta than I like in a minis game.

I'd be well up for new rules being released less frequently. Gives players more time to catch up with the new stuff and the Devs more time for testing and letting balance patches settle in. 

@lusciousmccabe I would tend to agree with that. There's so much currently out there and I haven't had a chance to test out all the possible combinations yet. The Alt models are a great idea for Wyrd, gives the customers some different styles while not affecting any current metas. Loving everything except maybe Tannen, I love the original sneaky git.

D.

• Agree 1

No new book this year is good. As there are still a few profiles from book 5 that haven't been released yet.

Some of which will be available at GenCon. As well as those cool Alts. And Wyrdscapes. And the encounter boxes which come with new profiles.
I don't think it's fair to say that Malifaux isn't getting anything.

In fact, I'm already prioritising what to get at GenCon and what to leave until it's general release.

By the way, @Nathan Caroland or @Kyle, do we know when is the release date of the Through the Breach books? I'm specially interested in Above the Law. Which I imagine will be a weighty book. So if it's realease is not too far it might be better to wait for it. As I imagine the international shipping costs for it will be high.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chou said:

Pretty excited about the new models and the alts. Quick question, will the Ulix nightmare box be a closed one (as the Wild Ones) or is it going to get extra models (such as the crazy cat lady and the Dark Carnival)?

Are you asking whether there will be additional in-theme models released like the rat king and rat catchers released for the nightmare box? I hope so  

D. 

That Tannan & Graves set! Oh my... I must have it! Also that He-kome is sweet as! I need another one for my McMourning crew and he'll slot in perfectly! 

The rest of the Alts are cool. Lenny's a bit lost on me, but that's because I have no idea who John Cena is. Love the piglet though! 

Has it been confirmed that the Alts will come out as general release like Nekima and Huggy? I'm guessing they are, but confirmation would be nice! 

I’m a bit torn, as a Gremlin player, I like the alt Lenny and Nightmare box, but all depends what’s also available specials and alts from previous sales, for if I take the delivery and import charges it’s a lot so I’d rather get a lot in one go, or wait until Black Friday and hope the nightmare box is available then.

Edited by Rikk
Grammar police

• 2 weeks later...

The Wyrd booth is always my first stop at GenCon.  Always look forward to a new book and the nightmare edition models.

Though there isn't a new book, the release of this amazing terrain more than takes the place in my gaming budget.  Super well done!

Is it the Nightmare boxed set and no large Nightmare model this year?  Just trying to make my shopping list.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, LuthjeR said:

The raffletickets for each 50$ spend, is that a om the spot thing only. Or do you get that from buying in the webstor, as well?

That’s an on the spot only thing.  Probably relevant that the raffle was held at noon on Sunday, about three hours ago.

• Thanks 1