Gen Con 2018 Newsletter

Kyle

Sweet! Love the alts. I think I'm glad to hear that Wave 6 isn't coming just yet.

One question: I didn't see a price for the Gremlin Nightmare Ulix box? Is that deliberate? If not can we get a price on that box?

Edit: Another question: I just noticed what appears to be "sleeping" gremlin at the hoofs of "Old Major"? What's going on with that? Did we get another alt Bayou who has imbibed too much 'shine?

• Like 1

I hope to see the Wyrdscapes boxes previewed before the sale, so I can stop squinting at the pictures from Origins trying to see what’s in what set. Also, what’s ‘Edge of the Quarantine Zone’—it’s not even listed in the tentative sale list?

excited excited excited excited so this is what it’s like to anticipate GenCon sale

26 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Also, what’s ‘Edge of the Quarantine Zone’—it’s not even listed in the tentative sale list?

Edge of the Quarantine Zone is the name used for the current Wyrdscape terrain set, such as the large buildings. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nathan Caroland said:

Figures we missed putting that one there.

Nightmare set - $75. That's a dead guild guard being eaten at the Nightmare's feet. 

Question - is it a 'like for like' box set equivalent? Or will there be some differences (as with McCabe vs Nightmare crew contents)
Question 2 - will previous Nightmare crews also be available at Gencon? (apologies if this is an obvious question, it's my first time, be gentle)

Question please: I see the Wyrdscapes buildings and other terrain features, but what about the base board pieces? Available later this year, or?

I'm looking at  getting 2ea of Abandoned Store, Solarium, and Haunted Spires because from what I have seen, these are mix and matchable...

35 minutes ago, wobbly_goggy said:

Question - is it a 'like for like' box set equivalent? Or will there be some differences (as with McCabe vs Nightmare crew contents)
Question 2 - will previous Nightmare crews also be available at Gencon? (apologies if this is an obvious question, it's my first time, be gentle)

Normally gen con doesn't have the older nightmare crews, it's all about the new release.  You'll have to wait till black Friday. 

• Thanks 1

I like the $100 dollar model just for the pun if nothing else XD

Only downside is that its another alt of a rare 2 model :( already tring to pick up a single guard sgt and swine cursed but guess thats the price that sometimes comes with cool alternate sculpts :3

Also looking forward to a useable ototo that dosnt constantly break as well.

I love alt Tannen and Graves. I’m not a big Lynch fan so while I have them, I haven’t painted them yet because I find the aesthetic boring.

Playing up their Nephilim and Woe characteristics was a good idea. Burly Nephilim Graves is great. But Tannen is fantastic and really uses the Malifaux creepy factor. The way the face is cracked around the escaping Sorrow and the legs are deflated like he was just a skin.

Love them.

• Like 1

Dunno may be it sounds salty but im scared that we dont get anything new.
Yes, Wyrd have ToS but what do Malifaux players get?
No balance changes (cuddling once a year Nico and Sandeep is not a huge work), no new models, no new book.
Its like - if you want something new about Malifux - wait for uhhh...we dont know while and buy yourself some ToS.
Realy sad and scared of stagnation.

8 minutes ago, green-n-dumb said:

Dunno may be it sounds salty but im scared that we dont get anything new.
Yes, Wyrd have ToS but what do Malifaux players get?
No balance changes (cuddling once a year Nico and Sandeep is not a huge work), no new models, no new book.
Its like - if you want something new about Malifux - wait for uhhh...we dont know while and buy yourself some ToS.
Realy sad and scared of stagnation.

TOS isn’t even going to be at gencon aside from demo games.

Most likely conclusion is we might be getting a 2.5E or 3E. They didn’t say we weren’t getting a new book, just it’s moved to next year. That jump might be needed to prepare a new edition.

• Like 3

Consider me disappointed.  The only alts i would have been interested in were Graves & Tannen and they just are kind of blah in my opinion.  Admittedly I am partial to my Graves that I painted like Michael Clarke Duncan, and I think the original Tannen just gives the right impression of his personality.  That said, the only model on that list that I'd be interested in is Gwyneth Maddox, and I can wait.  Pretty disappointed that the models from a year ago aren't all available yet and we've been getting Monday previews for things that will come out 'sometime'.

EDIT: I could see the alt Graves with wings and a sword make a good Nek-He-ma

• Haha 1