The first tournament with Neverborn and what to bring

Peryuri

Hi there! I'm fairly new to Malifaux and on the 22 of july I will take part in my first tournament (fortunately is a friendly tournament with friends so nothing too competitive).

Since schemes and strategies are already out , i was wondering if you could help me decide what do bring in the matches, maybe some tips on wich model works best in those sceniarios, and what schemes i should choose.

I have Lilith, Jackob Lync, Zoraida, The Dreamer as masters and their crews. I have also a fair amout of other models to help them (like doppleganger, widow weaver, waltgeist, nekima, Tannen, Graves and so on...)

Thanks in advance!

These are the matches:

First Match:
Deployment: Flank Deployment (13)
Strategy: Symbols of Authority (Masks)
Schemes: 
* Punish the Weak (Masks)
* Set Up (3)
* Show of Force (7)
* Take One For the Team (10)
* Vendetta (12)

Second Match:
Deployment: Corner Deployment (10)
Strategy: Public Executions (Tomes)
Schemes: 
* Eliminate the Leadership (Tomes)
* Covert Breakthrough (1)
* Dig Their Graves (2)
* Undercover Entourage (5)
* Search the Ruins (8)

Third Match:
Deployment: Standard Deployment (6)
Strategy: Supply Wagons (Jokers)
Schemes: 
* Guarded Treasure (Jokers)
* Hold Up Their Forces (4)
* Inescapable Trap (6)
* Take Prisoner (9)
* Public Demonstration (13)

18 minutes ago, Nikodemus said:

Is there a time limit? How comfortable are you with all those masters and models? If you're just starting out with timed events it's often better to use models you know well so you'll actually finish your games in the allotted time.

i'm pretty confident with Lynch and Lilith, also i have hight adaptability so i never waste time. I mean, i dont plan on winning, i wanna learn which models are more useful with those pools of schemes.

Looks to me like Lilith would be pretty comfortable in all those pools.

People like Nekima but I might skip her in the first match brcause of vendetta. Take vendetta with something cheap against a model with low wp and switch it back to Lilith who takes it down near death and finnish it off with your vendetta model that charges it (so it can't kill you first). Both setup and punish the weak should be pretty doable.

In the second.match she can be safe most of the match and tangle up to score enourage last turn. Dig their graves can be done in a number of ways ans is usually an auto take for me.

Can't really figure out the third pool just now but a familiar master is usually easier to adapt with.

If you are comfortable with Zoraida I would drop her in that third scheme pool. She can get the wagon across the board in a hurry and can get any of the 4 non paired schemes without trouble by obeying her own models. She is tricky to use but her options are many  

welp i reached the 4th place in the tournament, given that it was a really small tournament and we were 6 players total.

2 victories, 1 major defeat against another neverborn at the second match (he was more experienced and had more models than i did)

overall, i had fun. Lilith in the first match was really good, zoraida in the third one helped a lot but i think i missed all of her potential (i just stayed back and did "obey" on models i needed to)

in the second match i chose Lilith, "eliminate leadership" and "undercover entourage" on nekima. Unfortunately, the other player had nekima and teddy, as well as a will'o'wisp that kept making Zoraida use a 2ap action for free during the activation. So pretty much he had a stronger Nekima which really made the match hard for me. Also my nekima died to teddy....

i want a will'o'wips now ahah

• Like 1