Sign in to follow this  
Yew Arcane

Old Models

Question

I couldn't find anything answering this recently,  or closely,  but if there's anything already answering this, feel free to link me and leave it. 

So I played some during first edition and a little bit of 1.5, but I took a break and I am just getting back into the game. I have a (small) bunch of the old models and the rules only discuss a few of the old models,  and only one of them is one that I have, and I have a few already painted.  What is the rule on using the old models with updated cards?

3 answers to this question

The old models are legit as far as I know.  Most models kept their name so no need to mention what they count as in gaining grounds. I own about 90% old metals and haven't been called out on it once. I have played against players from all over europe and one american in competitive events.

• Thanks 1

Your old models are still usable as the model they represent, you just need the new cards. The only complicated point is dascel/ captain/sergeant. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It might be helpful for you to go the appropriate faction forum with a list of your old models, since there are a few models that got renamed on the move to m2e (Steamborg Executioner is now called Howard Langston for example).  Whatever forum would also likely make suggestions about whatever upgrades you might want/need.

• Thanks 1