The year of the guild...!or not...

Fazza92

@Impact UK

Just out of curiosity, why six cards? Is that your record in a single hit with the effigy buff or do you mean using two ap? 

I'm contemplating some weirdo Sonnia build where you smack stuff to put out burning and get cards and then companion into Sam and summon stalkers from kills. I would love to figure out how to spam summons with guild. :)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

@Impact UK

Just out of curiosity, why six cards? Is that your record in a single hit with the effigy buff or do you mean using two ap? 

I'm contemplating some weirdo Sonnia build where you smack stuff to put out burning and get cards and then companion into Sam and summon stalkers from kills. I would love to figure out how to spam summons with guild. :)

Runed Blade has a built in :ramso with 3 AP and assuming you get all 3 hits in you get one card for each Ram from Absorb Magic, if you are lucky or stone you can sneak in some extra Ram's to the total.  It is possible to get 3 cards from 1AP but that is rather resource intensive, never considered adding the effigy to the mix (good idea I may need to steal that).

Summoning Sonnia is never a guaranteed thing but I do find paring a Witchling Handler with a Guild Austringer or 2 a good way of spreading the flames.

As for Spam Summoning, some games I am lucky to get 1 Stalker on the board but other times I have finished the game with 4 or 5 Stalkers in play.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I almost never run Sonnia without the effigy, she tends to get attacked but also hurt a lot of models with the same ap so she usually gets to use the healing condition a lot. When she's taken 10 or so wounds you really want some extra healing, I would probably sink a ss into a ml attack if I had one, especially since she is so card hungry as well. The effigy condition isn't capped to once per attack so it combos nicely with blasts.

• Like 2

On 7/12/2018 at 9:52 PM, admiralvorkraft said:

@Fazza92 - What I'm saying is, drop Frank. I never bring him outside of Perdita and I do not miss him. Try playing Lucius, try playing McCabe. Build your lists with a bury/paralyze element. Or take Dashel to neuter alpha strikes.

Try actually looking at the models we have in faction and using them to solve your problems rather than starting with Frank/Phiona/Peacekeeper (or whatever) and complaining that you can't build a crew. Of course you can't, you're starting ~30ss down at that point and outside of specific strats/schemes it leaves you playing with 20ss to actually score points versus 50ss crews.

I'm sorry if I'm coming off as harsh, but you can't say that a faction is bad when you only use a tiny sliver of the models in that faction.

I dont own Dashel, I am looking in the APP but can´t figure how he blocks Alpha Strikes, can you elaborate please.

34 minutes ago, admiralvorkraft said:

With Arrest Him! He can usually get up and summon a Guild Guard engaging the alpha-striker. Sure that guard will immediately get eaten but it will take resources and probably stop a charge. It doesn't work in every instance but it will take the teeth out of most alphas.

Hadn't thought of that. Tricky against someone with activation control though. Do you combo it with a guard spam?