Nightmare Ulix box

Platov

I think you have to abuse from the shadows 5ss boars to make ulix work, hire 4-6 minimum. Than have 1 "big" pig cart Ulix around.
In that sense I do see the attraction from the box as long as I can get my hands on 3 more ponies (for nice round 6).

the 2/4/6 dmg track on a 5ss model is bonkers good.

It's actually the first nightmare edition crew that I don't like :(

The problem is not the concept in itself, but somehow i dislike the models. It's a shame, since gremlins are my only faction and its kinda ironic that these will probably be the only limited/alt models on the faction that I won't get

• Agree 1

I’m very disappointed at the new box, they could have done so much more with the Ulix or any other master. For me, ponies just comes off as lazy, strays further away from the solid and attractive themes the game started with and it’s not what I want from a nightmare box...

...but I’m still buying it...

• Like 1

I can see why a lot of Gremlin players are disappointed, this is not in the same league as the Dark Carnival, The Wild Ones, Curiosity Killed the Cat & the Alternate Rasputina crew boxes.  But it is a rather fun and quirky box with a theme that no other crew comes close to.

• Like 1

Okay. I can understand that this is not everybody’s cup of tea but so what.

I love it because I love the option to twist it… and this is mainly due to Deadpool.

Yes, I also hoped for something else but somehow along these lines as it fits the Gremlins… or at least my idea of Gremlins.

A friend sent me the picture. The first second I was undecided but the second later I fell in love.

Do not, for one second, underestimate the power of Ulix.

He's a lot better than people give him credit for. Also Boars are still pretty bad, even after the reduction. WHat Ulix needs is somewhere around 8 piglets, 2-3 War Pigs, a beater Pig, Old Major, and some Sloppos.

I don't think I'll be getting this box. I like Ulix's regular aesthetics. I might use it later for a conversion, the Big Horse in particular could make for an awesome Rider mini.

• Agree 1

I'm all for this box.

I keep picturing various scenes where important Malifaux characters get bit in the butt by a deranged looking pony. Just picture the look on your opponent's face as they watch Von Schill get eaten alive in a pile of voracious ponies.

Sure the models themselves look a bit off for my tastes, but I'm buying this for the mental scars. Or the humiliation at the very least.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I really enjoy the quirky and fun theme of the box, but I already think that Ulix has a very fun theme. While I won't buy this box, I really look forward to seeing how people paint these.

Really hope they supplement this with a Piglet / Warpig box tho' - As people have already mentioned, the Wild Boars aren't the most common pick in a Ulix crew.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Cueball said:

The more I think about it the more I see me playing a mixture of models, almost like a petting zoo gone mad. Just can't decide which model I would use for the master.

Yep. Me too. That would be awesome.