Monday Preview - GenCon Nightmare Crew

Nef

Makes me sad. So much potential for an awesomely goofy crew with one of the less used Masters. I was not impressed last year's theme, and unfortunately the trend continues. I don't own Ulix yet, and I'll be at GenCon, so I'll pick it up and figure out an actual Nighmare paint scheme. 

• Agree 1

Just now, Diceman87 said:

Will there be any companion boxes for piglet/ sow alts as well (like the Cat Princess box for alt Hamelin)?

I very much doubt it, considering other Nightmare boxes didn't get the whole array of their crew in Nightmare form. I imagine Hamelin did solely because his entire theme is contained within those two boxes; being his master box and the story encounter box.

Other masters who have wider themes such as Rasputina and McCabe didn't received additional support.

7 minutes ago, Diceman87 said:

Will there be any companion boxes for piglet/ sow alts as well (like the Cat Princess box for alt Hamelin)?

Considering all 6 main characters are already in the box, I do not think Wyrd have enough ponies for the extra box.

5 minutes ago, Rufess said:

Considering all 6 main characters are already in the box, I do not think Wyrd have enough ponies for the extra box.

Oh, it can be done. Easily.

3 more princesses, the CMC (great for piglets!), the Apple Family, regular recurring characters like Derpy Hooves, Doctor Whooves, Zecora, Maude Pie....

• Agree 2

I'm sorry but I don't feel secure enough about my testosterone levels to have this array of cuteness out and about. Not in my grimdark edgy sci-fi spacemarine filled gore-niverse consisting of tiny plastic big boy toys. 

Tl;Dr: 5/7.8 needs more water and spiky bits.

/S

P.S. Gj Wyrd, you funny scum. ❤️

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, Fawoosh said:

I very much doubt it, considering other Nightmare boxes didn't get the whole array of their crew in Nightmare form. I imagine Hamelin did solely because his entire theme is contained within those two boxes; being his master box and the story encounter box.

Other masters who have wider themes such as Rasputina and McCabe didn't received additional support.

McCabe is too wide, too too wide. Rasputina was not a Nightmare box, just a twisted box and she did extra support in the form of Snow Storm. So far the nightmares have got a little extra something but the time Black Friday shows up. 

So I get in from work to check website to see this crew and my 4 year old daughter happens to be watching MLP at the same time....it’s fate.

I like the idea of the crew and I really enjoy playing Ulix, so I’m in.

It feels to me that it’s more likely these are piglets rather than boars so possibly we will see another companion box to go alongside it.

Either way, I’m in.

Edit:  on reflection the ponies are quite large compared to the Gremlin and I’ve remembered there are three boars in the Ulix box so these ponies probably are alt boars 

Is goofyness a thing now?

I went into Malifaux for the cowboys fighting against steampunk robots, mages and horrors while trying to keep their sanity.

This nightmare crew and the arts we have seen in the recent monday previouses tend to remove this horror effect, as did the "Broken Promises" fluff which was interesting but tending more towards the poorest scenarios of the worst X-Men (Guild is no longer an oppressive facist government but a group of colleagues meeting at the coffee machine and bitch about their respective hairs, Outcast meet up to create their super lair, the TT fluff looks like a HK movie of the 80s...)...

I'm a sad panda.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

Hmmmm... I don't know. I mean I love you WYRD, but I totally dodged the My Little Pony thing as a Kid and have no desire to walk back down that dark, dark road of my youth... 

But, it they were say VORPAL BUNNY RABBITS instead of pig ponies... !!!! That would be AWESOME!!!!!

I know I am probably alone in this, but I will just go in my happy place and dream about it ...

Well...despite my own disappointment I am still happy that others are so enthusiastic and totally agree that you could paint them all as decaying whatevers if total nightmare is your gig...BUT... I am now starting to actually dislike the direction of the new artwork and almost cartoon quality of recent previews...just leaves me like totally "meh" to the level that I won't be buying the next book blind....couple of years ago I would have been dying to see whatever Wyrd would come up with for Gencon...fingers crossed for next time I guess

• Like 1
  • Agree 5