Is Levi Worth Playing Without Pariah Upgrades?

MalifauxDave

On 10/13/2018 at 11:39 AM, Zebo said:

I know this is not the place for this question, but it's about Leveticus's fluff and I don't think it worth to open a new thread only for this. 

There's any reason Fluff-wise about Leveticus not being Resurrectionist? 

Basically all Ressers gain their powers from this thing called “the Whisper” (it’s the Grave Spirit whispering in their ears), arguably even Tara because she was raised by Necromancer Karina. 

Leveticus is an Entropomancer, he manipulates chaos and Aether, so an entirely different class of mage. 

1 hour ago, Seadhna said:

Basically all Ressers gain their powers from this thing called “the Whisper” (it’s the Grave Spirit whispering in their ears), arguably even Tara because she was raised by Necromancer Karina.

Well, not all Ressers, but certainly a lot of them.

Tara's powers come from Obliteration, not the Whisper. :)

3 minutes ago, Mike Wallace said:

That feels like a spoiler.

That not every Resurrectionist uses the Whisper been said in multiple places, especially TTB. You can choose whatever Magical Theory you want, and while the Whisper is a strong one, you can still use Necromancy with other Magical Theories.

5 minutes ago, Mike Wallace said:

And other Earth-based forms of Necromancy?

Humanity first learned about Necromancy in the days of the first Breach, so most of what's floating around on Earth likely draws its point of origin back to those days and the First Necromancer.

3 hours ago, Mason said:

That not every Resurrectionist uses the Whisper been said in multiple places, especially TTB. You can choose whatever Magical Theory you want, and while the Whisper is a strong one, you can still use Necromancy with other Magical Theories.

Oh I know. I'm referring to Obliteration's relationship with the Grave Spirit. It *feels* like him having similar goals and powers is hinting at something. Maybe I'm just paranoid. 

But that brings up a thought; do the Tyrants have their own Magical Theories? Their followers tend to adopt similar, if weaker, powers, right? 

11 hours ago, Mike Wallace said:

Oh I know. I'm referring to Obliteration's relationship with the Grave Spirit. It *feels* like him having similar goals and powers is hinting at something. Maybe I'm just paranoid. 

Obliteration a Tyrant. Titania used its power to murder all the physical forms of the Tyrants (including Obliteration).

Obliteration is not fond of the Grave Spirit.

Edited by Mason
Typo!

11 hours ago, Mason said:

Obliteration a Tyrant. Titania used its power to murder all the physical forms of the Tyrants (including Obliteration).

Obliteration is not fond of the Grave Spirit.

As you say, but he seems to be doing alright for himself, considering his philosophy and name. As far as the Tyrants go, raving and dominating all over the place, Obliteration seems almost amicable. Content, even. Maybe I just haven't read the right material yet, but he seems to treat Tara and her Crew fairly, giving her an amount of autonomy seldom enjoyed by those bound to the Tyrants.

I'm not saying they're allies, but the Grave Spirit and Obliteration's motivations do have some overlap.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

So I ran a (proxied) Levi crew with no Pariahs....

Declared Faction: Outcasts
Crew Name: Amalgamation*** 50ss
Leader: Leveticus - Cache:(1)
   From Ash 2ss
   Survivalist 1ss
   Untimely Demise 1ss
Hollow Waif 0ss
Hollow Waif 0ss
Rusty Alyce 10ss
   From the Aether 2ss
   Desolate Soul 2ss
Abomination 4ss
Abomination 4ss
Abomination 4ss
Abomination 4ss
Abomination 4ss
Abomination 4ss
Abomination 4ss

I was clumsy with it, but it was glorious!  Mass Abominations is really powerful when the enemy has to come to you for Ply.  I just may gift myself the box for Christmas.

Yes, you can run Leveticus without Pariahs successfully!

4 hours ago, Jesy Blue said:

So I ran a (proxied) Levi crew with no Pariahs....

Declared Faction: Outcasts
Crew Name: Amalgamation*** 50ss
Leader: Leveticus - Cache:(1)
   From Ash 2ss
   Survivalist 1ss
   Untimely Demise 1ss
Hollow Waif 0ss
Hollow Waif 0ss
Rusty Alyce 10ss
   From the Aether 2ss
   Desolate Soul 2ss
Abomination 4ss
Abomination 4ss
Abomination 4ss
Abomination 4ss
Abomination 4ss
Abomination 4ss
Abomination 4ss

I was clumsy with it, but it was glorious!  Mass Abominations is really powerful when the enemy has to come to you for Ply.  I just may gift myself the box for Christmas.

Yes, you can run Leveticus without Pariahs successfully!

Yeah you can, but not normally like this 😂

Don't think I ever hire an abomination