July 2018 Errata

Mason

29 minutes ago, daniello_s said:

Ekhm.... what???

Summoning with minimal requirements, kirai is capable of spending all her ap summoning relatively high powered models. You just need cards and another model. And it's not too hard to build easy ways to heal your wound provider ( or provide cheap models to use as wound pools). 

I don't have as much of a problem with their summons as fetid, but the faction has evolved over time to largely bypass the down sides. At worst her summoning is wound neutral and ap gain, and a lot of it actually gains the crew wounds. 

13 minutes ago, Adran said:

I don't have as much of a problem with their summons as fetid, but the faction has evolved over time to largely bypass the down sides. At worst her summoning is wound neutral and ap gain, and a lot of it actually gains the crew wounds. 

This much is true even for Sonnia's summoning, so it doesn't automatically even pass the bar for useful.

1 hour ago, Myyrä said:

This much is true even for Sonnia's summoning, so it doesn't automatically even pass the bar for useful.

All summoning ought to result in some form of gain, otherwise why do it. But there needs to be some level of cost to it. The wider the potential summon pool, the greater the risk it will cause a problem. 

Kirai has 3 costs for her normal summons, her AP, target number(so card requirements) and a model to donate wounds. But the faction has some of the best tricks to bypass the card requirements, and there are several ways to get the wounds ( simplest is probably just summoning seishin when your lower wound models die, or ordering your summons to get the most off a single model. Ie turn a night terror into a hanged, a drowned and a night terror (from the drowned) for her 3 ap, ) so the wounds cost is not too hard to resolve. 

I guess I was answering the claim her summons hurt her crew. 

13 minutes ago, Adran said:

All summoning ought to result in some form of gain, otherwise why do it. But there needs to be some level of cost to it. The wider the potential summon pool, the greater the risk it will cause a problem. 

Kirai has 3 costs for her normal summons, her AP, target number(so card requirements) and a model to donate wounds. But the faction has some of the best tricks to bypass the card requirements, and there are several ways to get the wounds ( simplest is probably just summoning seishin when your lower wound models die, or ordering your summons to get the most off a single model. Ie turn a night terror into a hanged, a drowned and a night terror (from the drowned) for her 3 ap, ) so the wounds cost is not too hard to resolve. 

I guess I was answering the claim her summons hurt her crew. 

I agree with you there. If you manage to hurt your crew more than help it with Kirai's summoning you are doing something seriously wrong.

• Agree 1

I hemmed and hawed about posting here or adding another thread...This feels like it's slightly more right.

Looks like the updated cards are available on WGV.  I see Nicodem, Undertaker, and Sandeep, but I can't find Burn Out.  I know it's just a clarification to make it work correctly, but I'm a stickler for completeness.

I know sometimes in the past the card was up, but couldn't be found via search.  Does anyone have a link to the updated Burn Out card?

Thanks!

On 7/23/2018 at 11:21 AM, JimO said:

I hemmed and hawed about posting here or adding another thread...This feels like it's slightly more right.

Looks like the updated cards are available on WGV.  I see Nicodem, Undertaker, and Sandeep, but I can't find Burn Out.  I know it's just a clarification to make it work correctly, but I'm a stickler for completeness.

I know sometimes in the past the card was up, but couldn't be found via search.  Does anyone have a link to the updated Burn Out card?

Thanks!

http://www.wargamevault.com/product/246078/Burn-Out?src=newest A link for you in case you still couldn't find it! 

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was checking the malifaux app and I noticed that the reanimator description was not updated.

The wound count on Nicodem and the Undertaker upgrade's descriptions were updated, but reanimator still say the summoned model takes half damage insteaf of all wounds minus 1.

I made sure I was not missing any updates on the app and that the data base is up tout date.

Is there an official contact for these kind of "issues" with the app?

• Kadeton locked this topic
  • mattc unpinned this topic