July 2018 Errata

Mason

35 minutes ago, Adran said:

Just out of interest. Do you know if they fixed the flaw in the original ticket to ride, that the best way to win was to ignore your routes and just build as many long lines s you could. I know all the expansions I've played were made to avoid it. If I suggest it as a game to friends I always suggest they ignore the original game for that reason.

And my local gaming group banned the Chamberlain as too powerful, it was almost impossible to beat someone that had extra turns access to those extra powerful actions with no contest. 

Edit- sorry gone off topic. I understand if people aren't happy with the errata, and you're welcome to comment on it here. I just don't like reading flawed arguments. 

I never found that to be a problem in the many times I have played. But I can ask Alan Moon next time I see him which should be next summer. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, KingCrow said:

Yea, I've played since the beginning days of M2E and the bi-monthly FAQ's were nice and I realize why they went to an errata every six months but now with nearly 500 models in the game, I would like to see a faction FAQ every 3-4 months.  Like I said, it would allow Wyrd to focus on a much smaller pool of models and masters and tweak them how they felt was needed.  Plus, it would allow them to see how newly released models have impacted the game and thus respond to them in a scheduled fashion.

You're confusing FAQ with errata. Faq answer questions that aren't clear how the rules work, but it doesn't change the rules or the model. 

I don't think I would like to tie the hands of wyrd in that kind of way. 1 main pass a year, and 1 spot for emergency errata seems too frequent for me already. I understand the emergency pass, but I'm not looking forward to another number of changes at the end of the year. 

26 minutes ago, Tors said:

After compairing models cross-faction wide in an vacuum we have now reached the boardgames vs tabletop area... oh boy next stop: Apples & peas! Or may i suggest an alternative: Bicycles vs Bears! 

In some cases there isn't much difference between the two.

Imperial Assault, Krosmaster Arena, Shadespire, Aristeia! - are those board games played with miniatures or miniatures games played on a board?  

4 minutes ago, Adran said:

You're confusing FAQ with errata. Faq answer questions that aren't clear how the rules work, but it doesn't change the rules or the model. 

I don't think I would like to tie the hands of wyrd in that kind of way. 1 main pass a year, and 1 spot for emergency errata seems too frequent for me already. I understand the emergency pass, but I'm not looking forward to another number of changes at the end of the year. 

I could definitely appreciate more frequent FAQ updates. 

The twice a year errata passes seem about right to me though. It's one main errata pass about half a year after new models are released, and then an emergency errata right before the next release drops. 

1 hour ago, Adran said:

Yes yes, I meant the errata instead of the FAQ.  My apologies for mixing the two. 

I think everyone who playing as ressers, can agree with this nerfs except 1-wound summons, because that is real odd stuff, to make summoner master not good at his job .
I mean i had red a lot of messages about dreamer and ramos , but you forget one curious stuff they at least have attack actions which can deal a massive damage and have upgrades which can make a lot of different archetype branches , Nico doesnt have it , his all upgrade was always focused on his summoner potential , he cant kill by himself like Ramos or Dreamer (with Restless Dream Upgrade and Tantrum). And someone who saying he is actually good support master yes he is but for his UNDEAD fellows aka summons, that the main problem with reducing wound capacity while summoning the stuff they killed master at all, why they cant make him summons maybe in 2 wounds or 3, which will compensate the whole undertaker and his wounds nerfs. Or give him some limited upgrades which will allow him be a more support master for the whole team not only undead, or at least remove the Decay TN, i see a lot of people saying that his healing potential in this Marvelous Decay ability , it is at least very expensive heal which costs you 8 of anything or 8 and additional Corpse for full healing.
Just left him a half wound summon or 2 wound summon =Т

• Agree 1

It's great play with their masters for years, and after see them nerfed.
Who doesn't like this??
Who does't like a new comic styles for models?? 
Too boring this game as it was before...
Can we remove maybe cards? And starting play with dices?

Forgive me for this sad joke.. :(

A worried player

• Respectfully Disagree 4

Nicodem’s changes are pretty disappointing. I don’t think he’s going to see a lot of play from now on. I’d love to be wrong:

1. He went from being too strong to mediocre. Three aspects of his “engine” were toned down, each compounding on the other to result in this new, much lower efficiency level. This doesn’t seem to have been considered (or at least acknowledged), and is a reckless approach to these types of adjustments to complex masters.

2. He was a bit boring to play before the errata, and is now even more boring. Amongst the Resurrectionist lineup, he’s by far the least engaging master.

This can’t have been the goal of the errata. 

• Respectfully Disagree 1

I disagree.

I've often used him with minimal summoning. Simply used him to give Fast to strong models and position him to give support with his bubble. Now we might see more people do that, instead of just spamming Kentauroi or something.

• Agree 1

I think the 1 wd is too harsh for nico. Making him easier to kill and reducing his ability to draw made him less efficient. But summoning ar 1 wound is to far, compared to the other summoning masters, I doubt he will be taken anymore. I know I won't be using him anymore.

I say this because with the other changes he can still stay comparable to the other masters in ressers, now why not just take molly or kirai? If the goal is to win, picking the most powerful master to accomplish the goal. Nico will not be the most optimal choice over the other 2.

Kirai has always felt slightly stronger anyways imho. For summoning, she can summon effectively off her seishin (still at 1/2 health). The difference between the two was kirai threatened to kill the enemy models with ikiryo if you damaged her people (Nicos where better protected with death whip), and the models she summoned where in better spots but slow. So she started a touch worse support than him and now he can't summon anywhere close to her anymore. 

Even molly is a strong support and for the discussion of fast, molly gives 1 of them an immediate free ap as a (0). All the while paralyzing or giving huge debuffs to critical targets. Her summons may be slow, but without love thy master, both die equally quick, but hers damage the enemy as it occurs.

(Reva/mcmourning isn't summoning masters really so no comparisons).

Decay is a weak spell for damage, if for healing, nico is reduced to a +flip and nurse+chiaki? If I wanted to heal, i would take them and not waste a master slot over it. I care little for a +flip for a weak master slot. A good example of that was the pre buffed ironside.

With the 1 wd, i highly doubt nico can be a dedicated summoner that he was renowned for and be a support master that the other summon masters can do about as effectively all the while actually summoning, which the ressers are known for.

So I agree with a previous posters post.

"The king of the dead has died, all hail the king."

• Agree 1

10 hours ago, yool1981 said:

When will the changes be effective in the app?

Also, when will the changes go up on Wargame Vault? I'm going to be in the US for GenCon, so I wanted to get a group order that I can bring home on cheap, sent local (cause international shipping suuuuucks), but the stated turnaround time doesn't give me much of a window for getting it done.

Honestly, people, are you really want Wyrd to transform "Malifaux" into the game of equaly strong\weak models and just flipping cards for them?

You're better in flipping - you're better in the game. It will be the best wargame ever. *sarcasm*

Seriously, inventing tactics against different masters and bands is one of the best parts of the game. Don't ruin it because you are too lazy to build your plan of dealing with a strong - or "annoying" - model.

• Agree 4

49 minutes ago, Nikshe said:

Honestly, people, are you really want Wyrd to transform "Malifaux" into the game of equaly strong\weak models and just flipping cards for them?

You're better in flipping - you're better in the game. It will be the best wargame ever. *sarcasm*

Seriously, inventing tactics against different masters and bands is one of the best parts of the game. Don't ruin it because you are too lazy to build your plan of dealing with a strong - or "annoying" - model.

No, in my case I want to play a Malifaux game in wich the victory has more to do with your decisions during the game than your choices building the crew. 

A really balanced game in wich your crew building is more related to the style of play you want to do than the strenght of the list itself. 

Yes, it's very difficult to balance so many options to make all equal, and obiously to choose random minis to fill the 50ss list shouldn't be as effective than build carefully a crew, but reduce the balance of the game to "be the best flipping" is as nonsense as reduce the unbalance as "being the best building the crew". 

Next time, we could show our lists and the best list wins, we do not have to waste time playing. 

• Agree 5

On 7/8/2018 at 10:53 PM, yool1981 said:

When will the changes be effective in the app?

I’ve been checking for an app update regularly but nothing so far... Came here to see if it had been mentioned and confirmed.

Is someone on pushing the changes through @Mason? You know these mysterious informations don’t you? ;D

16 minutes ago, Mr MR Dub said:

I’ve been checking for an app update regularly but nothing so far... Came here to see if it had been mentioned and confirmed.

Is someone on pushing the changes through @Mason? You know these mysterious informations don’t you? ;D

We've sent the information on to the App company, so now we're waiting just like you.  :)

• Thanks 1

On 7/9/2018 at 8:34 AM, Zebo said:

No, in my case I want to play a Malifaux game in wich the victory has more to do with your decisions during the game than your choices building the crew. 

The choices you make when building a crew are decisions you make during the game. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, WWHSD said:

The choices you make when building a crew are decisions you make during the game. 

That is the problem I have.   I dont want to show up to a tourney and build the crew based on the strat and scenes. It takes too long. I want to show up with a built crew and play, and be at least competitive. 

• Respectfully Disagree 3

9 minutes ago, Zebo said:

Sorry, I disagree with that. 

I feel they should be. They are certainly choices I make in my game, and one of the things I like most is that you should build based on the game and the table in front of you. I guess what I want would be something that made fixed lists less common.  

• Like 1