July 2018 Errata

Mason

I am also very happy about the changes. The only thing i am not happy about is the overall situation that nicodem AND Sandeep were cut off at their sustainability whcih (again!) favors Alphastrikes like the Viks do exceptionally well.

• Agree 1

44 minutes ago, Mason said:

For two years now, Sandeep has proven to be incredibly versatile, to the point where he has become something of a staple at tournaments. By itself that's not a problem, but Sandeep's effectiveness has pushed other Arcanist masters out of the spotlight, so we'll be reigning him in a bit.

- Cache reduced to 2. This new Cache is more reflective of Sandeep's power level.

- Beacon Ca penalty increased to -2. Sandeep's Beacon is a powerful tool, but his Crew was using it a bit too efficiently. This should apply a bit more pressure onto Sandeep's Crew when it comes to hitting the TNs of borrowed Actions.

- Removed Impossible to Wound. This loss will make Sandeep considerably more fragile and, thus, make positioning more important for Sandeep and his removal easier for his opponent.

It would have been nice for all this stuff to get added to Moment of Weakness as it was taken away from Sandeep's base card. That might have been enough to make it a viable alternative to his other two limited upgrades. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 2

Im not sure it had to take 2 YEARS before Sandeep got that nerf. It was quite obvious 12 months ago, og even 18 months ago.

But I like the changes!

Could have reduced Ironsides' Cache of 5 IMO. Why she has 5 even after she has been given the built in Tome on Df and 2 amazing upgrades is beyond me. Meanwhile, Von Schill still has 1. :D  

Keep it up, Wyrd!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Erik1978 said:

Could have reduced Ironsides' Cache of 5 IMO. Why she has 5 even after she has been given the built in Tome on Df and 2 amazing upgrades is beyond me. Meanwhile, Von Schill still has 1. :D 

This errata is only for things which are breaking the game (or just inherently broken, like Burn Out). Ironsides' Cache may or may not be higher than needed, but either way, she's not rolling over her opponents because of it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Erik1978 said:

Im not sure it had to take 2 YEARS before Sandeep got that nerf. It was quite obvious 12 months ago, og even 18 months ago.

But I like the changes!

Keep it up, Wyrd!

cos ironsides is a lady, she likes collecting them soulstones

vonshill's soulsones are all spent keeping  hannah in stones

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The worst thing in the game I ever seen, even the Kentauroi were better idea. I got the whole Ressers faction and planned to take all my missing last wave models at once, sorry, maybe aint gonna happen... And I'm not even playing Nico much... What a joke!

• Respectfully Disagree 14

I dont care what would you click on my post. I got almost 100 malifaux games and the game is going down overall, remember my post, it is the last one here... Bringing broken models and then destroying a master because of them is not good plan...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Agree 1
  • Respectfully Disagree 4

38 minutes ago, Alex Danev said:

The worst thing in the game I ever seen, even the Kentauroi were better idea. I got the whole Ressers faction and planned to take all my missing last wave models at once, sorry, maybe aint gonna happen... And I'm not even playing Nico much... What a joke!

Maybe try a few games with proxies using the new rules and see if it's worth the investment?

Nicodem has never been broken - 5th book's models have been (Asura for 8, who thought that it was balanced? Change her, not Nicodem!). His good summoning was balanced by 1/4 of band's soulstones spent for fullpacked Mortimer, for nothing exept making few corpse markers. And now Nicodem's good sides are ruined and bad sides are saved. Well done.

• Like 2
  • Agree 2

think the nico change is over the top, undertaker was needed but not the summoning.

sandeep changes I am happy with, although now I have to guess more what an arcanist opponent will bring instead of building for nico.

where are changes to nellie? as same reasoning behind sandeep effects her, shes is far and away the number one guild pick

• Agree 3

33 minutes ago, katadder said:

think the nico change is over the top, undertaker was needed but not the summoning.

sandeep changes I am happy with, although now I have to guess more what an arcanist opponent will bring instead of building for nico.

where are changes to nellie? as same reasoning behind sandeep effects her, shes is far and away the number one guild pick

Being the number one guild pick is hardly the greatest achievement in the game

• Haha 2
  • Agree 1