Kai

Femme Fatale 2018 Begins!

Hey Wyrdos! 

Femme Fatale begins today! The gallery is already open for submissions, and we are so excited to see what the deadly ladies have for us this time around. A few reminders as we begin.

- In order to maintain anonymity, the miniature cannot have been displayed in any forum elsewhere on the internet or published mediums such as magazines. All contest entries will be displayed anonymously so as to give no one person an unfair advantage (this isn’t a popularity contest) and thus there can be no signatures or watermarks on them. No announcing on forums, web pages, blogs, or any other type of medium about the type of miniature that you will be painting, nor concept or WIP photos.  

- The model must remain in theme! That means only the most dangerous women of the miniature world. Just like with Total Testosterone, this contest has a specific theme. Your miniature must be female and a human (or humanoid type). Again, elf, human, dwarf, cybernetically enhanced soldiers all can fit the bill. Any weapon toting, spell-wielding, powerful woman that can take your breath away, permanently, will do just fine!

- You must follow all the rules as outlined by the Wyrd Painting Contest Rules. The rules can be found here. Again, questions should be directed to me (Kai).  

- Submissions begin on Today, July 2nd, and run until midnight EST July 22nd. Any submissions made AFTER Midnight EST July 22nd will not be considered as a part of the contest.    

- Voting will begin on July 23rd and end on July 26th. Voting is done by the community. The contestants are kept anonymous in order to make the process as fair as possible.  

- Winners will be announced on July 27th. 

- *NEW RULE* There should be no editing of images except for cropping or creating a collage.  No adding text, logos, backgrounds etc.  

To participate, all you have to do is submit an image. This year, we are not doing any categories, so anything goes! All submissions will be made to a single gallery.

Gallery Entry: This is where you will submit your piece.  THE LINK TO THE GALLERY IS RIGHT HERE!

Prizes

1st Place: $100 in Wyrd webstore credit

2nd Place: $75 in Wyrd webstore credit 

3rd Place: $50 in Wyrd webstore credit 

5 Randomly Selected Participants: $25 in Wyrd webstore credit

Participation: Forum Badge

Now, get the brushes ready and the paint flowing! 

• Like 2

I am so in this!!! And i already got my miniature in mind that will lose again, but will lose in style ^^

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Think I'll enter something. There's a model that's been sitting on my table far too long that fits the bill pretty well. Might give me the kick to finally finish it!

1 hour ago, Kai said:

Now, get the brushes ready and the paint flowing! 

Oh damn...i guess i misunderstood this a little bit...I am not only ready, but already "done" and my sweat is flowing! Instructions unclear. System critical error!

Clarification about editing. What about noise reduction? I have an iPhone as the only means of taking photos and it is super noisy. I was wondering if I could take the noise out. not talking about "Photo filters" or anything 'Manipulative'. just trying to get rid of some of the grainy. I could submit a before and after to you @Kia  if you'd like.

@KaiIs there any limitations on scale? I didn't see any reference in the rules to size of the mini or if any scale was allowed. Since your link to the rules in the post didn't come across, I looked at the 2017 rules link.

Also is any manufacturer allowed or do I have to stick to Wyrd products?

18 hours ago, Lokibri said:

I am so in this!!! And i already got my miniature in mind that will lose again, but will lose in style ^^

This is the attitude

8 hours ago, scott-42 said:

@KaiIs there any limitations on scale? I didn't see any reference in the rules to size of the mini or if any scale was allowed. Since your link to the rules in the post didn't come across, I looked at the 2017 rules link.

Also is any manufacturer allowed or do I have to stick to Wyrd products?

There is no scale requirement, nor company requirement.  

12 hours ago, Thimblesage said:

Clarification about editing. What about noise reduction? I have an iPhone as the only means of taking photos and it is super noisy. I was wondering if I could take the noise out. not talking about "Photo filters" or anything 'Manipulative'. just trying to get rid of some of the grainy. I could submit a before and after to you @Kia  if you'd like.

That is fine, submit BOTH versions and we will keep the best photo.  

On 7/3/2018 at 8:29 PM, Kai said:

That is fine, submit BOTH versions and we will keep the best photo.  

Please, do it for my photos, too.

On 7/2/2018 at 6:28 PM, Kai said:

- You must follow all the rules as outlined by the Wyrd Painting Contest Rules. The rules can be found here. Again, questions should be directed to me (Kai).  

Can you link that, pls?)

It should be here, but link is broken https://www.wyrd-games.net/monthly-painting-contests?utm_source=Wyrd+Games+Newsletter&utm_campaign=1ad50a101e-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2017_05_19&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_b5e6c20880-1ad50a101e-&mc_cid=1ad50a101e&mc_eid=[UNIQID]