Kai

Monday Preview - Undercover Agent

2 minutes ago, SoylentRobot said:

wow you guys get really serious over plastic figures

actually we're getting serious over artworks. Not even the 3d-Models.

That being said, I find your comment rather dismissive.

Most people here spend a significant amount of their time and money into Malifaux and if changes occour, which they (me included) have trouble dealing with, they might feel disrespected.

If you have a passion and somone meddles with it, you get serious about it. Even if you as a customer have no right to stake any claims, and they as a company have all the rights to stake claims. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

15 minutes ago, SoylentRobot said:

wow you guys get really serious over plastic figures

....not so serious that I can't laugh at myself 😉....

....also I thought long and hard before commenting at all because generally I tend to fall in the category of "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" but this particular sculpt/artwork combo comes after a series of previews where I find myself less and less enthusiastic as the artwork and concepts become more cartoonish and drifting away from what drew me into the very enjoyable murk and mysteries of Malifaux...if I become less enthusiastic then my LFGS takes a hit ☹️

...as others have said if this was a preview for an alt sculpt I would be on the floor in stitches yelling "take my money already !"

@Davie for myself I don't feel disrespected...just disappointed 

• Agree 3

1 minute ago, Burnin' Coal said:

....not so serious that I can't laugh at myself 😉....

....also I thought long and hard before commenting at all because generally I tend to fall in the category of "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" but this particular sculpt/artwork combo comes after a series of previews where I find myself less and less enthusiastic as the artwork and concepts become more cartoonish and drifting away from what drew me into the very enjoyable murk and mysteries of Malifaux...if I become less enthusiastic then my LFGS takes a hit ☹️

...as others have said if this was a preview for an alt sculpt I would be on the floor in stitches yelling "take my money already !"

@Davie for myself I don't feel disrespected...just disappointed 

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Maybe "disrespected" was a bit harsh.

and I also agree with your "if you can't say something nice"-sentiment. It was importand for me to point out that the artwork itself isn't bad! The artist did a great job and did something I could never do.

but conceptually.... I'm not convinced

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Akodo Harid said:

Are we absolutely certain this isn't a weird art for the Guild book in TTB?

Good question ! 

31 minutes ago, Akodo Harid said:

Are we absolutely certain this isn't a weird art for the Guild book in TTB?

well the Previews always have a corresponding logo on the bottom of the picture.

The Gremlin on the Gator with the Armchair for example had a big "?"

the new Above the Law pursuits for TTB had the TTB-Logo

This one has the M2E-Logo, so it seems to be just that.

I find this models hillarious as they are, but I have to agree with most people about not looking "consistent" with the current range. As a gremlin and Resser I tend to enjoy humor in many forms, but I do not think this guys would be cool sharing the table with Lady Justice, for example. The last previews all tend to go in a common direction that is not the one we used to identify as Malifaux 2e IMO. I do not love all of the news but still admire a couple of them.

I feel everyone should not be ashamed of expressing their oppinions, when being respectful and tollerant with other peoples point of view. As a company, I would prefer to know if my community had a particular oppinion about anything, at least to take it into account. I will still enjoy most news and buy almost every model that can possibly work for any of my factions.

• Agree 2

Nellie getting more (and more, and more...) love.

I hope this is the last Guild preview as that's more than enough Guild models in a row for my taste hahahah

Isn't this much more likely to be something from the forthcoming TTB book?

edit: oops just read page 2 of this thread and I see I've been ninja-ed! Ignore me!