Monday Preview - Undercover Agent

Nef

2 minutes ago, SoylentRobot said:

wow you guys get really serious over plastic figures

actually we're getting serious over artworks. Not even the 3d-Models.

That being said, I find your comment rather dismissive.

Most people here spend a significant amount of their time and money into Malifaux and if changes occour, which they (me included) have trouble dealing with, they might feel disrespected.

If you have a passion and somone meddles with it, you get serious about it. Even if you as a customer have no right to stake any claims, and they as a company have all the rights to stake claims. 

• Like 1
  • Agree 4

15 minutes ago, SoylentRobot said:

wow you guys get really serious over plastic figures

....not so serious that I can't laugh at myself 😉....

....also I thought long and hard before commenting at all because generally I tend to fall in the category of "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" but this particular sculpt/artwork combo comes after a series of previews where I find myself less and less enthusiastic as the artwork and concepts become more cartoonish and drifting away from what drew me into the very enjoyable murk and mysteries of Malifaux...if I become less enthusiastic then my LFGS takes a hit ☹️

...as others have said if this was a preview for an alt sculpt I would be on the floor in stitches yelling "take my money already !"

@Davie for myself I don't feel disrespected...just disappointed 

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, Burnin' Coal said:

....not so serious that I can't laugh at myself 😉....

....also I thought long and hard before commenting at all because generally I tend to fall in the category of "if you can't say something nice don't say anything at all" but this particular sculpt/artwork combo comes after a series of previews where I find myself less and less enthusiastic as the artwork and concepts become more cartoonish and drifting away from what drew me into the very enjoyable murk and mysteries of Malifaux...if I become less enthusiastic then my LFGS takes a hit ☹️

...as others have said if this was a preview for an alt sculpt I would be on the floor in stitches yelling "take my money already !"

@Davie for myself I don't feel disrespected...just disappointed 

I wholeheartedly agree with you. Maybe "disrespected" was a bit harsh.

and I also agree with your "if you can't say something nice"-sentiment. It was importand for me to point out that the artwork itself isn't bad! The artist did a great job and did something I could never do.

but conceptually.... I'm not convinced

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Akodo Harid said:

Are we absolutely certain this isn't a weird art for the Guild book in TTB?

well the Previews always have a corresponding logo on the bottom of the picture.

The Gremlin on the Gator with the Armchair for example had a big "?"

the new Above the Law pursuits for TTB had the TTB-Logo

This one has the M2E-Logo, so it seems to be just that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I agree with some of the comments. While the new artwork is good technically wise its the art directions that is bothering me. Not these models in particular but most that have come with new designs or concepts. Even the artwork itself is loosing a bit of that nightmarish feel it had previously. To my taste of course.

Maybe its just a matter of me.prefering the previous artist but the plastic miniatures will reflect this newdesign style...so I am a bit fearfull

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

For me, the design is spot on. I fell in love with Malifaux because of Bayou models. The pigs were so unique, funny and cool looking that they outshined all other miniatures I know of. They had character. That is why I find this design so appealing (contrary, for example, to new Rasputina who traded cool character for unnecessary [in my opinion] special effects).