Monthly Painting Challenge - July

Franchute

I'm sorry to say that I won't be able to complete my pledge this month, thus will be dropping out of the challange with this being my third mulligan. 

It's been crazy at work (I work at a hostel so summer is our busiest time of year) and lot's of stuff happening at home (fortunately good stuff though). 

I will of course not stop painting and for those who are interested to follow my work can see me at instagram @aptassenaptassen and I will hopefully have some time to join next years challange instead! 

I will still be looking in to this tread with delight, you guys are truly amazing and lot's of awesome paintjobs which pushed me to be better and I thank you all for the inspiration you've given me! 

Keep up the good work! 

• Like 1

@Caedrus - Guess 3 models on a 40mm base is correct looking to Wyrd shop:

https://giveusyourmoneypleasethankyou-wyrd.com/collections/arcanists/products/hoarcat-pride

As a double check we can look at the number of cards per box...... BTW, I did not find my Hoarcat-pride box yet! May be things could change with M3E.....

Atelier's products look interesting and I did not know them, so thank for the tip. At present, and for the close future I'll use Secret Weapon Crushed Glass Bundle: I have till a stock of it.

On 7/28/2018 at 6:11 PM, Franchute said:

@Monkeyfist I am so sad! Somebody else leaving! After that great rat king you showed us last month I really wanted to see the rest of your Hamelin crew.

So am I! This challange was so much fun! 

And thank you for the nice words about my rat king! As I said in my post, I will post the whole crew on Instagram when it's done, just search for @aptassen! 

• Like 1

On 7/27/2018 at 12:20 AM, prof_bycid said:

I am happy with how the base came out but not happy with her face, especially the lips.

I like the lips. But IMO the eyes look too artificial. I'd try to paint them the same grey as the skirt. This would still look very cold but more organic.

This month I only painted a couple of models for 15ss at all, one less the 16ss I need for Master level pledge.

Promordial Magic (2ss):

IMG_20180730_131518_1.jpg

Alt Nekima (13):

PIC01.jpg

Nekima was my model submitted to FFc 2018.  The base is huge, larger than many Malifaux models. Is it worth a couple of ss?

UPDATED: added rear side pic
118.jpg

• Like 6

11 hours ago, Butch said:

But IMO the eyes look too artificial.

Thanks Butch!  I really struggle with eyes.  I think I need to experiment with some flow aid or other paint additives.  If I thin, the paint tends to run into all the creases.  Something going on with the adhesion of the paint to the surface or with the surface tension---not sure which.  I will try to add some character to the eyes when I get her under the brush again, though.

Well, got a lot of piece-work done one my pledge for the month, but not many minis finished. Oh well, I'm that much closer to having a big month next month!

I did finish Lazarus/Barrett (10ss) and Marlena/Cait Sith (8ss) from last month for a total of 18ss.

20180731_123541.jpg.1544952cdd9c766fd74429c7a395ea22.jpg20180731_123513.jpg.c1aea2857c9958e5e1335e5e0bb8596d.jpg20180731_123630.jpg.dcad7ad84c9338729f0ab0ecdf83e39b.jpg

Also attached the art of Barrett I was using for inspiration.

barretweb_by_freakyfir-d8dgnik.png

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Franchute said:

Any news from ...@Treemonkey ...?

Sure is, or will be by tonight!  Old lady Z has a fresh coat of paint, good enough for table top, but I'll probably add some more detail and clean up a bit before posting pictures.  Either way, I'll post it later tonight.

One of these months, I'll not be painting on the last day...or at least have something done before the last week...

• Like 1

Hi guys, sorry for saying it that late, but it will be a mulligan for me...
I had a necromunda gang I had to paint and it has just disgusted me from painting... It was really painful to paint 8 (not even 10) times the same model ! That's about 20 years i didn't have to serial paint anything. 

Well, I really, really love malifaux models to paint

• Haha 1