What to get with Nicodem?

So I’m running out of stuff to paint, but still have an itch for some undead, and was keen to look at Nicodem, as the classic Zombie lord concept is well; classic.

But what should I get with him. My current Resser collection consists of McMourning, Seamus, Shikome, Bete Noire, Rafkin, Rogue Necromancy, Emissary (Seamus Avatar) and Dead Doxies.

I was looking at :

Guild autopsies (for my McMourning)

Izamu and/or Kill Joy

Mindless Zombies

Aura Roten

Nicodem box

Any input?

Izamu makes a really good basic beater for Nicodem if you opt to not go summoning heavy.  Killjoy in theory does it better, but you'd BETTER bring a dead doxy and maybe something else to help position him so he doesn't about face into your crew and tear them in half.

• Like 1

You'll probably want some Hanged and Kentauroi for summons. Have a listen to the Schemes and stones Nicodem Spotlight, this has some great tips for a strong Nicodem list although you might want to hold off buying anything until after the July Errata as he's probably gonna get nerfed.

https://schemesandstones.podbean.com/e/episode-84-nicodem-crew-spotlight-with-varney/

• Like 1