Yamaziko's Master Tactician with Brewmaster?

MalifauxDave

I've thought about this before, and my next game with Brewmaster will definitely include Yamaziko.

Brewmaster is an enabler, swill provides a greater chance of succeeding with many otherwise uncertain yet powerful attacks.

A swilled enemy master must spend resources stopping Yamaziko from forcing a 4 card discard with Master Tactician, which you could still consider a win.

1 minute ago, Jesy Blue said:

Ooooohhhhhh....... all the negatives.  who needs Binge at that point?

Agreed. I never take Binge anyway, I don't see it as efficient enough.

By the time Yamaziko makes her Master Tactician attack (2nd activation most likely), your opponent has probably already spent two cards trying to stop Swill. In many games your opponent will have an empty hand by the time your third activation comes around.

Binge is amazing if you notice your opponent holding on to some cards and can deplete their hand or if you want a cheap friendly obey for him and Wesley. Getting Wes to obey a Yasunori on a :mask1+ is a special kind of fun. It's not like the Brewmaster is loaded with upgrades to begin with, and I don't think I've ever not gotten use out of it.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Tokapondora said:

Binge is amazing if you notice your opponent holding on to some cards and can deplete their hand or if you want a cheap friendly obey for him and Wesley. Getting Wes to obey a Yasunori on a :mask1+ is a special kind of fun. It's not like the Brewmaster is loaded with upgrades to begin with, and I don't think I've ever not gotten use out of it.

I get that, just not my play style. I'd prefer to simply hit a model with Binge 95% of the time instead.

49 minutes ago, MalifauxDave said:

what does your upgrade load out usually look like?

At the moment? 

In 10T, I'm toying with A Barkeep Never Sleeps, Running Tab and Recalled Training.

A Barkeep Never Sleeps; It's fantastic to do 4 damage per poison with the Shadow Emissary hanging around. Summoning an unexpected scoring Apprentice Wesley has also won me games and adds much needed resilience. 

Running Tab; It's cheap now and there's many awesome Tri Chi models to choose from.

Recalled Training; There's nothing as satisfying as successfully landing three Binge attacks in one turn, with the rest of your crew smashing in for the followup massacre.