Sign in to follow this  
Rosskov

Merc's

Out of curiosity what mercenaries do you find yourself hiring and why?

In the past I have thrown in an occasional ronin (where I have wanted a survivable-ish minion and the ability to get more stones), student of conflict (for surprising people with a fast model in close deployment) but can't remember opting for any other out of faction hires (excluding iggy and swampfiends for Gremrida).

I have recently acquired Lazarus, Johana, Taelor and Hannah. I can see the possible humour in a glowy Laz and Johana's use is self explanatory. Does anyone have experience with the others or other merc's?

I've taken Bishop with Wong as a glow Target before. He can keep up with my reckless gremlins with Swift and ooh glow makes him an even better beater than he already is. All of the triggers on his ml are amazing and can be built in, and regen helps a bit. Wrath has also come with my Wong crew as an experiment and he becomes an amazing sponge for damage with his healing + regen from ooh glowy. And with his empty rage 0, ooh glowy, frenzied charge, and his ml trigger he can get a 4/6/7 damage track with + on attacks and damge from a charge. That's a ton of damage from a relatively tanky model.

Lazarus is also fun as a glowey target.  Pair it with sparks and now he can be fast as well as amazingly lethal.

I take a Performer with Brewmaster in maybe 75% of games with that master.

Just so much utility, it's hard to ignore in that crew.

Some games, the Performer will just remove a scheme marker or two, maybe even place one herself.

Other games she'll expunge a full health Titania! Seduction combined with Swill is also a little silly (although I tend to see it as overkill and rarely use it near the Brewie bubble).

I am hard pressed to not take Greed in every crew..... I love her so much!

I swear by the Performer. 6 SS as a mercenary, with a pseudo-Lure (with some vicious triggers), Don't Mind Me and Scheme Marker synergy, is very handy. Her free Reactivate to a nearby Showgirl or Minion when she dies is just a bonus. In crews that dole out Poison, especially Brewmaster, she's even better.

Sue is a decent choice against caster crews, especially with typical Gremlin WP scores. He has a good shooting attack and offers a little extra card flow as well.

Performer with brewmaster is true love.
I have Taelor but haven't try her yet.
Want to buy Hanna+Lazarus but dont know why :D
And bloodwretch lying on the shelf.