Sign in to follow this  
Domin

Lure and Bound & Rooted

Question

Let's imagine that we have model with lure and an enemy model within 18. Between those models stands an enemy Aeslin with activated "Bound And Rooted" - more then 6" away from her friend. The model lures enemy model - how will it work?

A) The enemy model will get as closer as possible and stop on the border of 6" aura.
B) The enemy model will get as closer as possible and stop within 6" aura.

C) The enemy model will go round the 6" aura.

Pk0QC6e5W3w.jpg
C5LQVedtUls.jpg

6 answers to this question

As far as I can tell, the model will have to stop moving if it enters the aura.  Depending on the distances involved, that might be “as close as possible”.  If it isn’t, then the lured model will have to go around the aura, acting like it’s impassible terrain.

• Agree 1

I'd say the target gets lures normal as the effect of the lure is to move it into Aeslin's aura. It's a tricky one though. I could see the argument for either alternative.

I think that once the lure has started moving the model, the aura isn't going to stop it mid move. But I could see arguments both ways. 

• Like 2

The model will be Lured as normal. Other example - Anna Lovelance aura with different wording. It will force a model to stop on the edge of the aura. Anna's auras works only with enemies, but it doesn't matter in case of this topic, she still has a clear wording "...Models which would be illegally pushed or moved into the aura stop at it's edge."

• Like 2

I think Solkan's explanation is better in terms of rules as written. You do check continuously for abilities like terrain and auras while moving, even if a lot of them don't do anything until after you've finished the action is resolved. It's seems clunky and unintentional to me though so I'd preferentially go for the simplest option if there's any ambiguity there.