Canada, ON, Sudbury: Summer Story Encounter League

durek

Story Encounter League

This league will begin the week of Monday, July 23rd and end Sunday September 16th.
It will be 4 rounds, each round lasting 2 weeks in hopes to avoid the scheduling conflicts.
Entry fee will be 5$ and will go towards prize support with a current max of 8 players.

Participants will be assigned one opponent each round of the league and they will be responsible to schedule their game with their assigned opponent during that round to be played at the Games Nook (1855 Lassale Blvd) or Great Canadian Games & Hobbies (
1410 Lasalle Blvd), terrain wont be as setting appropriate at GCGH unless you bring your own.

The winner will report results (VP score) to myself via email or Private Message.
If the players aren’t able to schedule a game during that time please speak with myself for solutions.

*In addition to the 1 assigned game per round, each player may schedule 1 extra game per round with a league player of their choice (including myself, although I will not participate in the regular pairings if we have an even number of players) that will count towards league standings and tickets.
They may only play an extra game with each player once (in addition to assigned games) during the League. That being said play lots of Malifaux; although those extra extra games won’t count towards the League. *

All games will be either 40 to the full 50 Soulstone games, so please be courteous to your opponent and arrive at the agreed upon time and ready to play.

- Winners of each game will have their names entered into the draw for one ticket.

- Each player, will have the opportunity to have their names entered into the draw for one ticket by completing one or both of the 2 painting challenges. For the miniatures to qualify they must be Wyrd or acceptable conversion as per Wyrd’s policy and previously unpainted as of July 1st 2018.

- Each player may have their names entered into the draw for one ticket if they purchase a Wyrd product from a local store (simple proof of purchase must be provided to myself) of 20$ or more before taxes. Maximum 2 times.

- Each player will have their names entered into the draw once for each 2 games they play.

Each player may only win one draw prize; all draws will be made after the league on September 17th. 

Prizes include:

·           Uncertain at this point

Rounds:

#1 Monday July 23rd to Sunday August 5th
#2 Monday Aug 6th to Sunday Aug 19th
#3 Monday Aug 20th to Sunday September 2nd
#4 Monday September 3rd to Sunday September 16th   

Painting Challenges:

#1 Paint 4 models to completion**
#2 Paint a further 4 models to completion**

**to completion = 3 colour minimum (with exception made by organiser if contacted) with completed bases (painted/sanded/flocked…). Large models may count as 2.

Players:

1-  Kerrie (Colette)
2- Brian (Sonia)
3- Jess (Reva)
4- Pennie (Lilith)
5- Larry (Perdita)
6- Sheldon (Mei Feng)
7- Jer (McMourning)

8-

***NB*** If a game doesn’t at least have 4 complete turns played (unless an opponent conceded) it will be considered a Tie for scoring purposes.
Many crews and Schemes in the game are late game focused. Meaning they excel in turn 4 and 5 of the game and its not fair for those players to be penalised for short games. 
This is an unorthodox, but proper solution for our local meta.