C’mon baby light my fire

Ghoul

Hello all😁! I am a returning Rezzer player and I need a pick me up.

i started playing Rezzers in 1st edition and have been playing them primarily since with a fair smattering of breaks here and there. I fell off right around book 4. I did pick up most of the models however. Book 5 on the other hand has (although owned) remained mostly unopened. Upon recently getting stuck in again (played 2 games yesterday) i am realizing that I can’t seem to recall much of the synergies of the faction.

i played  against guild who threw fees out left and right. And then a neverborn list completely themed around collodi’s synergy’s.

so I guess really... TLDR: what cool gimmicks do rezzers have these days outside of poison? What cool combos do we have? Not looking for “gotcha” moments on my opponents. I just want to know what to throw on the table outside of book 1 staples.

sorry for the long winded post I just want to love my dead again before I   Think about starting another hobby project. 

Thanks and Happy Haunting!:crow

The gimmicks tend to be fairly Master-dependent. We've got Poison tricks out the wazoo, and Horror duels aplenty. I think that the more intricate stuff usually depends on the crew leader. In my limited experience, in general terms, Resurrectionists still do what they've always done - summon, outlast, and use whatever tricks the specific Master has available.

We have some decent card-drawing shenanigans. Nurses and Chiaki can still find a place in any list. There are a few positioning tricks with Rotten Belles and Dead Doxies, too. Lampads have immense Burning synergy, but they're about the only Resurrectionists models who do. Carrion Emissary and Asura Roten give extra activation control with actually-not-useless Zombies, which are far more useful for Nicodem crews than most others.

That said, I'm far from a wealth of knowledge on this topic.

Hard to say about all faction at once )) maybe you need more information for a specific Master or Crew?

If we are talking about book 5 models than I would say Seamus synergies impressively well with Asura and even Kentauroi. Actually almost all synergies well with them ))) Molly now prefer a Kentauroi taxi instead of Sybelle. Asura is awesome anywhere, and Reva loves her for her Corpse markers. Reva synergies well with Lampads, just tried one yesterday and it gave away 17 burning on a turn with Reva (however didn't managed to summon more). Bone Piles are awesome for Ours, they didn't need a specific synergy really, they are just good utilities.

McMourning now have Test Subject upgrade that allows him to hire Beasts and Academics. Lot of different combos, really lot of them. For example Forgotten Marshall + Malifaux Raptor can be anywhere on the table for Schemes and Strategies purposes.

Seamus now can hire and summon Showgirls and it opens a gate for interesting combos like Cassandra copies actions from summoned Performers :) or just summon Ice Dancers for Schemes :)

Wow thanks a lot for the replies! I would like to know a little bit more about what you were speaking about @Sagrit

3 hours ago, Sagrit said:

Hard to say about all faction at once )) maybe you need more information for a specific Master or Crew?

If we are talking about book 5 models than I would say Seamus synergies impressively well with Asura and even Kentauroi. Actually almost all synergies well with them ))) Molly now prefer a Kentauroi taxi instead of Sybelle. Asura is awesome anywhere, and Reva loves her for her Corpse markers. Reva synergies well with Lampads, just tried one yesterday and it gave away 17 burning on a turn with Reva (however didn't managed to summon more). 

sounds like kentaori and rotten is where it is at. Out of curiosity how were you able to dish out 17 burning??? I remember playing with kaeris a little bit back when she first got promoted and I loved the mechanic.

as far as specific masters i  still love Doug and Reva seems to be quite powerful upon closer inspection. I own her and painted her up a while back. I’ve also read speaking of beasts that the Scorpius performs quite well with mcmourning.

how do I go about getting more bang out of these guys?

also I’ve read about bone piles a little bit. Seem like they would be impressive scheme runners, as are crooligans and punks. Is there a proper way to choose the right one (like scheme runner flow chart lol)?

thanks!

16 hours ago, Ghoul said:

@Sagrithow were you able to dish out 17 burning???

My Little Helper on Lampad, use it in the beginning of the Turn. Reva push a Lampad with (1)Blood Mark, Lampad takes (0), move through 4 models. Reva use (1)Blood Mark again on Corpse Candle, push it and Candle make (0) targeting Lampad and give it Chain Activation. Lampad activates use (0) 2 times, pushed through 4 models and back again. Hit two engaded models 2 times with regular attack and gave away 5 burning more (once with extra Tomes on flip). Lampad didn't managed to live till the end of the Turn, but I think it's a good trade anyway :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Sagrit said:

My Little Helper on Lampad, use it in the beginning of the Turn. Reva push a Lampad with (1)Blood Mark, Lampad takes (0), move through 4 models. Reva use (1)Blood Mark again on Corpse Candle, push it and Candle make (0) targeting Lampad and give it Chain Activation. Lampad activates use (0) 2 times, pushed through 4 models and back again. Hit two engaded models 2 times with regular attack and gave away 5 burning more (once with extra Tomes on flip). Lampad didn't managed to live till the end of the Turn, but I think it's a good trade anyway :)

just love it.

edit: and I have just realized how appropriate it is to the thread's title 😉

• Haha 2

Phrases that are never uttered.

"Guild fees synergy is amazing!"

I'm not sure I would say poison was a resser synergy, but if you count that, then I would include unread, horrors, spirits, belles and beasts as characteristics that can synergise. The faction also can play around corpse markers, as well as using them to summon there is Seamus jumping, reva attacking through them, and anyone using corpse bloat to blow them up.  

The lampad shenanigans seem quite fun! I’ll have too look into them more Forsure. Would a dead doxy be worth it in a Reva crew as well? Seems like the push/pull thing would be good for her.

@Adran I think the fees were more nasty because he made me discard cards repetitively. Granted I’m way out of practice so In hindsight I could have just avoided it if I remembered how it worked. Lol. I also had 0 condition removal.

in regard to the poison synergy I was thinking about how you can poison mcmourning send him down the field with pushes and fly him in like a cruise missile from an unexpected angle. I know that there are a fair share of keyword synergies I need to explore :) 

on another note did manage to get a good game in last night with Seamus. Tried out “ do you know who I am” with the -2 wp upgrade and decaying aura. Went master hunting. Seamus scored me 6 points off of undercover entourage and eliminate the leadership. It was a super bloody game. Tried Asura out and a kentauri, he felt really strong and great for dragging Seamus around. his large base making him easy to hide behind. Not sure what upgrade to take on Asura.