McCabe or Nellie??

Manjinz

3 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

They are both quite good, what do you want to know about them?

I'm interestning in play styles, favourites schemes and strategies and some models to add. In McCabe list I see often the guild hounds, are the a must in?? And there are some "must in" for a Nellie list??

I would recommend Nellie over McCabe purely on due to Phiona and Reporters are darn handy models to have.  That said McCabe is rather fun to play and though the other models in his box are not the best they are still fun to through on the table.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Regelridderen said:

McCabe do have the niftiest nightmare box, which is reason enough to start him - if you can lay your hands on it.

12 hours ago, 4thstringer said:

And if you like very involved model assembly.

Just got my hands on the box last night due to the fact that its owner could not face the prospect of building it.  Guess it is my problem now LoL. 

• Like 7

1 minute ago, Impact UK said:

Just got my hands on the box last night due to the fact that its owner could not face the prospect of building it.  Guess it is my problem now LoL. 

I actually hate the original McCabe box, but the build difficulty of that box is what has kept me away from it (even though I have friends that have offered to help.)

• Like 4

1 minute ago, 4thstringer said:

I actually hate the original McCabe box, but the build difficulty of that box is what has kept me away from it (even though I have friends that have offered to help.)

I am rather skilled at building models and often get roped into help build or put right models, that said this box is still daunting.  I could easily sell it on and make a profit, all in the box and on the sprue but that would sort of be chickening out.  That said the wife said I should keep it (she is a Malifaux addict so I bet she has her eye on something and will use this a leverage to get it).

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Impact UK said:

I am rather skilled at building models and often get roped into help build or put right models, that said this box is still daunting.  I could easily sell it on and make a profit, all in the box and on the sprue but that would sort of be chickening out.  That said the wife said I should keep it (she is a Malifaux addict so I bet she has her eye on something and will use this a leverage to get it).

I am with Becky you should build and paint it, it will look awesome after you have done it just look at the Dark Caravel .

• Like 6

If you are new to war games or Malifaux go with Lucius.  He can be good in some pools.  The thing he does no other model can do is put out the interact while engaged aura.  You can easily get Search the Ruins last turn.

Nellie is a top tier competitive model and probably the best Guild master.  She can do so much.  Propaganda, Hot off the presses, Delegation, activation control, card draw, move models around.  Great in most pools.

I’m a fan of both and played a lot of Lucius, Nellie is superior but I’d start off with Lucius first.

• Like 1

On 6/27/2018 at 5:19 AM, Marcusito said:

If you are new to war games or Malifaux go with Lucius.  He can be good in some pools.  The thing he does no other model can do is put out the interact while engaged aura.  You can easily get Search the Ruins last turn.

Nellie is a top tier competitive model and probably the best Guild master.  She can do so much.  Propaganda, Hot off the presses, Delegation, activation control, card draw, move models around.  Great in most pools.

I’m a fan of both and played a lot of Lucius, Nellie is superior but I’d start off with Lucius first.

Lucius is a great master now but you will need to take a look at his errata cards as he and his totem have changed quite a bit.  Still think Nellie is a stronger box to start out with though.

• Like 7

Nellie needs multiple-step combos in order to shine and she needs to think about her powers every activation, even enemy’s ones (does she use that defensive push now???). Lucius, strange as it feels to say it, really is the less complicated, newbie-friendly pick as long as he has plenty of minions alive for issue command.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Nellie needs multiple-step combos in order to shine and she needs to think about her powers every activation, even enemy’s ones (does she use that defensive push now???). Lucius, strange as it feels to say it, really is the less complicated, newbie-friendly pick as long as he has plenty of minions alive for issue command.

All very true, I was thinking about the models with the Reporters & Phiona being good models regardless of master.  I sort of find Dashel rather lacking (maybe I just need more Guild Guard) and cannot fine a place for him in my lists.

• Like 6

33 minutes ago, Gnomezilla said:

Are we talking about optimum play? Or beginner play?  Because just skipping activations and push/slowing models you can get a lot out of Nellie.  And I'd argue that due to the fragility of Lucius's tools, I find activation order harder with him than with Nellie.

• Like 4

Beginner play. Nellie always has several options to consider and that makes her not a learning master. The point about her entire box being valuable is sound, but the new player will still have a VERY LONG game counting Nellie powering up with evidence and deciding every activation about something else.

20 hours ago, Gnomezilla said:

Beginner play. Nellie always has several options to consider and that makes her not a learning master. The point about her entire box being valuable is sound, but the new player will still have a VERY LONG game counting Nellie powering up with evidence and deciding every activation about something else.

Remembering that this player already has Sonnia, Lucius & Hoffman.  So the choice of next Master is between McCabe or Nellie.

So though Lucius is cool he already has this master hence why we are suggesting adding Nellie’s crew box to the mix.

• Like 8

On 6/30/2018 at 12:46 PM, Impact UK said:

Remembering that this player already has Sonnia, Lucius & Hoffman.  So the choice of next Master is between McCabe or Nellie.

So though Lucius is cool he already has this master hence why we are suggesting adding Nellie’s crew box to the mix.

Yes thanks! I like Lucius play style but my choice is between McCabe (that ispired me a lot) and Nellie ( that is the Guild master most played in our meta)... 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Manjinz said:

Yes thanks! I like Lucius play style but my choice is between McCabe (that ispired me a lot) and Nellie ( that is the Guild master most played in our meta)... 

We if your meta is drowning in Nellie that would prompt me to run McCabe.

• Like 4
  • Agree 2