Card advantage?

dannydb

hi all

so I'm currently on exploring other factions through vassal (I'm not giving up on my one true love arcanists, just doing some academic research, the best way to know your enemy is to be your enemy right!) so I'm starting with TT though getting a feel for the basics of the faction. so what I'd like to know is what are some of the ways of getting card advantage in various factions and how cost effective are they, i mean everyone knows philip and the nanny plus other models or serena bowman/bloodwrech/doppelganger BDSM party but what about other factions?

note i don't particularly need advice with arcanists, myranda and steamfitters i know about!

2 hours ago, dannydb said:

hi all

so I'm currently on exploring other factions through vassal (I'm not giving up on my one true love arcanists, just doing some academic research, the best way to know your enemy is to be your enemy right!) so I'm starting with TT though getting a feel for the basics of the faction. so what I'd like to know is what are some of the ways of getting card advantage in various factions and how cost effective are they, i mean everyone knows philip and the nanny plus other models or serena bowman/bloodwrech/doppelganger BDSM party but what about other factions?

note i don't particularly need advice with arcanists, myranda and steamfitters i know about!

There are quite a lot of card draw in gremlins.

Old Cranky + Sammy LaCroix (+Gremlin crier)
Gremlin Crier + any card discarding models(Or Mah Tucket).

Somer with his Survival Of Fittest ability + Banjonista(This combo can draw a lot of cards. Really a lot. Up to full deck in your hand, if you build a roster around it, but it's stupid.)

8 minutes ago, Ludvig said:

Guild have the austringers with Jury and their effigy as well as a few draws scattered around the faction. Quellers also give a draw when you stone. Overall maybe not great at it. 

There's also Lucius with that upgrade for a bigger hand and cycling. Lots of little stuff though, nothing that really chains up for a massive hand. 

Nino and the Executioner can also force discards (or death) with triggers. Witchling stalkers as well iirc.

• Like 1

Few from the top of my head for TT:

Crime Bosses draw cards when enemy scheme markers get placed near them. Wokou Raiders (via Misaki infiltration) have a built-in trigger to place enemy scheme markers. Shenlong and Sensei Yu can re-place scheme markers using Wandering River Style upgrade.

Misaki has her "discard or die" trigger but that can be decently intensive on her own hand to actually do. Misdirection leader-only upgrade gives a Df trigger that redirects attacks to other nearby models unless they discard cards. Death Contract upgrade has a "discard or die" effect that procs when killed.

Also depending on how you define card advantage, Mr. Tannen (TT/NB dual) has a 6" aura where enemies can't cheat without discarding first. Works pretty well if you get a few important models to the aura.

Lynch is the master of Card advantage, in a combination of his card draw, and his ability which allows his crew to discard aces without losing the card. There are several ways to try and abuse these mechanics, ranging from the simple use a ten thunders brother, and his card cycling becomes draw if you have the aces, to the potentially complex Torkage shuffle utilising Lusts Df trigger and the Torkage rapid fire to draw cards on every attack. 

Its worth noting that whilst Sensi yu can use Lynch's muligan ability, it will not allow him to discard the aces and regain them (The action had to be specifically written to dis-allow that combination).

Zoraida has the bewitched spell, whihc can get a decent number of cards on the right target.

Dreamer has an upgrade that gives him several cards. 

Neverborn get an upgrade that lets them cycle 3 cards from the soulstone they spend to draw cards, which will combine nicely, with things like rush of magic and Arcane resevoir. Lileth with the Lovelace sisters, and a primordial magic are then draw to 13 keep 7 each turn, 

Sonnia with the Brutal Effigy can draw cards for every kill. Combine that with her new upgrade that adds blasts to her Ml attack, and the Trigger on her sword to draw cards for every ram in the attack, and she can draw a stupid number of cards, but largely by being in a dangerous location. (The Brutal effigy works well with her ranged attack as well, and most of the guild masters don't really struggle to kill things so will get a few cards from the effigy buff). 

Nicodem can take an upgrade that lest him draw cards when undead die, and then used Zombies to fuel his summoning so drawing cards in the process.

There are lots of ways to draw cards in all factions. I've listed a very small number, you're probably best to just read through the books, because there are plenty of ways to draw. I couldn't even list all the ways in Arcanists to draw cards without worrying I'd missed several. 

• Like 1

There's also Shenlong's conflux. Have a LRM focus as a 0 for being near shenlong, which gives it focus+2, then it will either get another focus from a Pesant or just spending an ap for a total of 3 focus, then the Emissary targets it with it's (0) from the conflux to remove a condition and draw cards equal to its value. 3 cards for 2 (0)s and 1ap from a 4ss or 2ss model

• 3 weeks later...