Haagrum

In a fit of temporary insanity, I purchased McMourning's box and a few supporing models. Then I noticed Test Subjects, and was drawn into a conversation which involved McMourning's first name and one of my son's favourite TV shows, 'Hey Duggee!'... (you probably don't want to ask)

A thematic crew was too hilarious an idea not to pursue. For science!

In a nutshell, I'd like ideas on models which McMourning can take and which could be used to represent the following animals, with some anatomical inaccuracy entirely acceptable (I'll update the list as ideas come in):

1. Mouse - Zombie Chihuahua seems the best fit, as Hamelin's minions aren't Beasts.

2. Octopus - the Scorpius, mostly because it too has eight legs.

3. Rhinoceros - maybe Gracie, Wild Boar, or Blessed of December?

4. Hippopotamus - The Sow, or Rougarou?

5. Crocodile - McTavish, or maybe a Silurid to save points.

Help a budding mad scientist out...

• Like 1

There's nothing resembling a hippo or rhino at all, but you could go these at a stretch...

Hippo - Gracie (she's a merc IIRC), would require a new head and legs, but could work!

Rhino - Mauler? Cojo? (these would be a true counts as!)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Da Git said:

There's nothing resembling a hippo or rhino at all, but you could go these at a stretch...

Hippo - Gracie (she's a merc IIRC), would require a new head and legs, but could work!

Rhino - Mauler? Cojo? (these would be a true counts as!)

Thanks, @Da Git- I'd thought a Pig of some kind would be the best option for a hippo, but a lot of them aren't Beasts. As a mercenary, Gracie could be a good option.

The show also has an elephant and a monkey, so Grootslang and Cojo could be starters as well.

11 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

Not knowing the show, I could argue Gracie would be a better "rhino" than a hippo, as her heavy armor could be converted to look like she was wearing a rhino costume. On the pig side there are also the mighty Sow, Old Major and the Warpig, which can be great "big animals"

The Sow & War pig are fine, but Old Major isn't a beast...

Agree that Gracie would be a better Rhino... Then you could use The Sow as the Hippo!

Something like this could be a good start...

Declared Faction: Resurrectionists 

Crew Name: 50ss 

Leader: McMourning - Cache:(4)

Test Subjects 1ss 

Zombie Chihuahua 2ss (mouse)

Cojo 6ss (monkey)

The Sow 8ss (hippo)

Grootslang 6ss (elephant)

The Scorpius 6ss (octopus)

Gracie 11ss (Rhino)

That gives you 10ss left to play with for other models/upgrades... It's also used up your 4 OOF beasts, so you have to go in faction. If there's a bat, you could go shikome/night terror. Otherwise, the only other beast I can think of is the Rougue Necro... It's not a beast, but a Kenaurai could be a horse...

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, aquenaton said:

Not knowing the show, I could argue Gracie would be a better "rhino" than a hippo, as her heavy armor could be converted to look like she was wearing a rhino costume. On the pig side there are also the mighty Sow, Old Major and the Warpig, which can be great "big animals"

These are capital ideas. I have enough spare parts lying around to cobble together a rhino helmet for Gracie. Thanks!

34 minutes ago, Da Git said:

The Sow & War pig are fine, but Old Major isn't a beast...

Agree that Gracie would be a better Rhino... Then you could use The Sow as the Hippo!

Taking the Sow as the hippo and Gracie as the rhino would mean a full list of the main characters, which suits me pretty well.

Thanks for the suggested list. I'll see what my bank account can absorb and then post something up. Cheers!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Da Git said:

Just be careful with the number of OoF models you go... Unlike Marcus, you can only take 4. 

Thanks. I'm very mindful of that limitation, as a Lucius player as well. It's why I've locked in the Zombie Chihuahua as the mouse. 😎

Righto, here's my first attempt at a list for this thread. I figured a few breaks from anatomical accuracy were acceptable, given McMourning's proclivities...

Dougie and the Unnatural Science Badge (50 SS, Resurrectionists)

McMourning with 4 SS cache, Test Subjects, Moonlighting - 2 SS

Zombie Chihuahua - 2 SS

McTavish - 12 SS

The Scorpius - 6 SS

Rougarou (hippo equivalent) - 8 SS

Blessed of December (it has horns, it charges... it's the rhino for now) - 6 SS

Nurse - 6 SS

Sebastian with Transfusion - 8 SS

2 hours ago, Haagrum said:

Righto, here's my first attempt at a list for this thread. I figured a few breaks from anatomical accuracy were acceptable, given McMourning's proclivities...

Dougie and the Unnatural Science Badge (50 SS, Resurrectionists)

McMourning with 4 SS cache, Test Subjects, Moonlighting - 2 SS

Zombie Chihuahua - 2 SS

McTavish - 12 SS

The Scorpius - 6 SS

Rougarou (hippo equivalent) - 8 SS

Blessed of December (it has horns, it charges... it's the rhino for now) - 6 SS

Nurse - 6 SS

Sebastian with Transfusion - 8 SS

Blessed of December is 9ss. the 6ss printed way back was a typo.  I'd also highly recommend Plastic surgery on McMourning. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Da Git said:

Blessed of December is 9ss. the 6ss printed way back was a typo.  I'd also highly recommend Plastic surgery on McMourning. 

Dang...

I love the Plastic Surgery upgrade, especially with Moonlighting. It's just hard finding the space for it - unless I cut McTavish for a Silurid (which would conveniently leave space for the Blessed of December). Alternately, a Wild Boar instead of the Blessed of December would make room for Plastic Surgery to go in.

Time for some playtesting.

• Like 2