Seigi-san (Lady Justice) | 14th Jul updated

Rufess

G7LBJCN.jpg

Bxw7d5S.jpg

fnMOZcA.jpg

Added a little bit Japanese style to the katana Lady. The blue tattoo is called "Sakura Fubuki" (cherry blossom blizzard), which is from a famous Japanese character who worked as both judge and police. So I think the tattoo should suit for a marshall as well.

And the word "正義" at the back simply means "Justice".

————— Updated at 14th Jul —————

15c8sD0.jpg

0odagW2.jpg

yN7SH1w.jpg

Here is my 3rd Lady Justice miniature.

Changed to angle of head for more reasonable pose. And the hair was cut because it would blocking in this angle. But it fit Lady Justice new image in book 5.

Edited by Rufess
Add new pics
  • Like 6

What kind of stage of completion is she at?

To me the bandages look great. As does the tattoo, sword and all the conversion work.

The scales and top of the scabbard look like they could use a bit more shading in the third picture. Her lower body and hair could also maybe use more highlighting to bring them in line with her face and torso. That might just be the photos though. Having very light and dark areas on the one model can confuse the camera's auto-contrast and make it lose a miss the colour variation in your shadows. 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of your work!

3 hours ago, lusciousmccabe said:

What kind of stage of completion is she at?

To me the bandages look great. As does the tattoo, sword and all the conversion work.

The scales and top of the scabbard look like they could use a bit more shading in the third picture. Her lower body and hair could also maybe use more highlighting to bring them in line with her face and torso. That might just be the photos though. Having very light and dark areas on the one model can confuse the camera's auto-contrast and make it lose a miss the colour variation in your shadows. 

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Thanks for the comment. TBH the only part I would call finished is the skin, and the other part is only table-top level. But I am a gamer more than a painter so I am quite satisfy with current status and will go on to next model (you know, all miniature players have a branch of unpainted models).

• Like 1